A little cold never stopped us before. So bundle up and activate your car starters, it’s back to normal for Calgarians.
From craft markets to plays, here are a few things to do around town that will warm you right up.
- 11 free Christmas date ideas in Calgary
- 14 Calgary Christmas markets to get you into the festive spirit
- 23 places open in Calgary on Christmas Day 2016
Local artists create a marketplace selling art, photography, clothing, glasswork, woodwork, and more
- When: December 9 to 11, and 16 to 18 (various times, check website for details)
- Where: Chinese Cultural Centre – 197 1st Street SW
- Cost: Free
This Calgarian holiday tradition continues to live on year after year! Stay warm by dressing in layers and consuming delicious hot chocolate, as you roam through the 200 beautiful light displays, such as the all time favourite, ‘lovers lane’, and other unique light shows set up throughout the Calgary Zoo.
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until January 8 nightly from 6 to 9 pm
- Cost: $14.99 Adults, $11.99 Kids
Want to check out some beautiful light displays, without having to break the bank? Check out the Calgary Christmas Lights Map Marker and drive around the city to holiday music, as you discover the many creative light displays that Calgarians have put up at their homes.
- Where: Calgary and surrounding areas
- Cost: FREE
Cheer on the Flames this holiday season in their 8 home games at the dome this month.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SW
- When: Friday December 16 at 7pm vs. Columbus
Relive this iconic Christmas favourite by Charles Dickens in Theatre Calgary’s 30th anniversary of the production. Laugh, cry and feel the joy as you follow alongside Ebenezer Scrooge, played by Stephen Hair, on his unique journey to discover the holiday spirit and the true meaning of Christmas. Bah humbug!
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 9th Avenue SE
- When: November 24 to December 24
- Cost: $34-$130