Happy Friday Calgary!
You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: August 3 to 6
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
The 13th annual Calgary International Blues Festival returns to Calgary this week. Enjoy blues workshops, concerts and special events culminate in 4 days & nights (August 3-6) of non-stop music on MainStage at Shaw Millennium Park, followed by the nightly Twilight Blues Dance Parties. Click here for full festival schedule.
- Where: Shaw Millennium Park – 1220 9 Avenue SW
- When: July 31 to August 6
- Cost: $129 for festival passes, individual day passes also available.
A plethora of uncensored, non-juried theatre performances happening all around the city. Enjoy!
- Where: Various theaters around the city
- When: August 4 – 12
- Cost: $55-$200
Callin’ all Hip Hop junkies! This is Western Canada’s largest Hip Hop Music Festival so don’t miss out. And if you weren’t already excited enough, Lauryn Hill and Migos will be headlining this year’s festival.
- Where: Max Bell Centre Festival Ground – 1001 Barlow Trail SE
- When: August 4
- Cost: $79.95-$109.95