Happy Friday Calgary!
You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
Happenings 9 is a free art party themed after heritage and Canadian dreams in honour of Canada 150. There will be music, workshops, panel discussions and hands-on art activities. There will also be a showcase of art by indigenous, female, immigrant, and LGBT artists.
- Where: Centre Court, Arts Commons
- When: August 18 from 6 to 9pm
- Cost: Free
August 11 marks the 6 year anniversary of the Food Truck Pilot Project in Calgary, so they’re throwing a party! Enjoy delicious eats from over 20 of Calgary’s best food trucks, listen to live music from 10 at 10 and ice cold beer from Village Brewery. Happy Birthday!
- Where: The River Walk Plaza, East Village
- When: August 18-20
- Cost: $5 for the weekend
- What: Celebrate the different cultures of the world that make up Calgary, with a multicultural marketplace and fireworks show put on by various countries each night.
- Where: Elliston Park – 1827 68 Street SE
- When: August 15-26
- Cost: $20-$90
- What: Calling all “Rastagarian’s,” Calgarian’s who share the same love for Caribbean culture and Reggae music. Described as more of an experience than merely a performance, this year’s Reggae Fest is focused on celebrating 150 years of the uniting cultures in Canada AKA the ‘Golden era of Canadian Reggae.’
- Where: Various locations around Calgary
- When: August 17 – 19
- Cost: $35 – $45
- What: Feel the heat and the energy as this world class festival takes over Prince’s Island park with exciting performances, sizzling dancing, exotic food, a stunning art market and so much more!
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: August 18 – 20
- Cost: Free