Happy Friday Calgary!
You’ve made it to the weekend so whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s something for you to do today.
New to the East Village this summer, this Pop-Up retail park offers Calgarians a place to shop, eat and play. Be sure to check out all 12 retailers located in 12 x 12 shipping containers, along with food trucks, live music and more! Every Thursday through Sunday from June 1 – October 1 you can expect food truck eats, music, performances, art and much much more!
- Where: EV Junction – 439 8 Avenue SE
- When: August 10-13
- Cost: FREE
Theatre Calgary is bringing As you like it outside starting Tuesday, June 20, as it begins its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow. Performances are pay-what-you-will and non-ticketed, so you can just turn up with a blanket and picnic and settle in; the suggested donation is $20 per adult.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: June 20 to August 217, every day except Monday’s, performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays.
- Cost: Free
A plethora of uncensored, non-juried theatre performances happening all around the city. Enjoy!
- Where: Various theaters around the city
- When: August 4 – 12
- Cost: $55-$200
Taste is back in Calgary this week. Calgary’s beloved outdoor food fiesta returns to the city on Thursday, August 10 to Sunday, August 13, bringing with it a smorgasbord of globally-inspired cuisine and beverages.
- Where: Eau Claire Festival Plaza – 200 Barclay Parade SW
- When: Thursday, August 10 to Sunday, August 13 from 11 am to 9 pm
- Cost: Free admission / Taste tickets $1
The Inglewood Night Market is back for the 2017 season with a fun lineup of food trucks, live entertainment, and vendors for your summer enjoyment.
- When: August 11 from 5 to 11 pm
- Where: 9 Avenue and 10 Street