FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Fri, September 25, 6:15pm
Big Art Drive-In at TELUS Spark
Starts at $25.00
Thu, October 1, 12:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Thu, October 1, 5:30pm
Sun, October 11, 12:00pm
Starts at $54.00
No matter what you’re in the mood for, there are lots of things happening around Calgary this weekend.
- What: It’s baaaaack! Calgary Poutine week takes over the minds, hearts, and stomachs of YYC from April 21 to 29 this year, and the best part is, when you eat poutine sold as part of Calgary Poutine Week, you are helping get a meal to someone in need. Poutine Week is partnered with Mealshare, the non-profit that basically is a one-for-one donation based model that lets restaurants feed customers and kids in need.
- Where: Various restaurants around town
- When: April 21 to 29
- What: YYC Taco Fiesta is a new taco festival that runs at the end of April and into May. Participating eateries (which are to be announced) will offer either individual tacos for $4 to $6, or a larger taco platter that will be anywhere from $12 to $18. YYC Taco Fiesta aims to mobilize the taco-loving community and get people into restaurants to purchase these special dishes. Partial proceeds from the taco sales (15%) will be donated to the Calgary Homeless Foundation and Kids Up Front.
- Where: Over 30 participating restaurant in Calgary and the surrounding area
- When: Friday, April 28 to Friday, May 5
- What: Try some amazing vegan treats, while supporting two amazing charities making a huge different here in Calgary, the Free Spirit Sanctuary and the Alice Sanctuary. 100% of the proceeds will be given to both of these charities.
- Where: Community Natural Foods – Chinook Station Market, 202 – 61st Avenue SW
- When: April 29
- Cost: 100% of proceeds will be donated to Free Spirit Sanctuary and The Alice Sanctuary.
- What: 2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
- What: Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
- What: Courtesy of Lolë Calgary, the Core will be hosting free ballet barre classes every Sunday in April at 11am, taught by H/W School of Ballet. Bring your water bottle, yoga mat and towel, and prepare to sculpt and tone that beach bod for summer!
- Where: COREshopping – 317 7 Avenue SW
- When: Every Sunday in April beginning April 2
- Cost: FREE
- What: Ski in your bikini top in an “S” formation down the hill as you raise funds for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. There are some very exciting prizes to be won, so competition to raise the most amount of money will be high!
- Where: Lake Louise Ski Resort – 1 Whitehorn Road, Lake Louise
- When: April 29
- Cost: All participants will be eligible for 20% off lift passes
- What: It’s been a good season for the Calgary Roughnecks, so come and join them for their last few games of the season!
- Saturday, April 8 at 7 pm vs. Buffalo
- Saturday, April 29 at 7 pm vs. Saskatchewan
- Where: The Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise
- What: Cineplex Family Favourites are the perfect day to take your little one or your big ones to the movies on the cheap. Watch a family favourite film each week for only $2.99. A portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting Free The Children with this week’s movie being ‘Sing.’
- Where: Participating Cineplex theatres
- When: Saturday, April 29 at 11am
- Cost: $2.99
- What: As Cinderella always said, ‘if you keep believing, the dream you wish will come true.” Well, wish no longer, as Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella is coming to town! Be swept away in this enchanting Broadway musical that features an incredible orchestra, a pumpkin, a glass slipper and a twist that will leave you in awe.
- Where: Sait Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14th Avenue NW
- When: April 25 to 30
- Cost: $30-$120
- What: Celebrate the launch of volume 2 of the Canadian Rockies Annual Magazine with a live performance from Shred Kelly and brews from the Banff Avenue Brewing Co. Be sure to be on time, as the first 100 people through the door will receive a very exciting swag bag and a free copy of the magazine!
- Where: Park Distillery Restaurant and Bar
- When: April 30
- Cost: $15 online or $20 at the door
- What: April is Jazz Appreciation Month (JAM), so be prepared to enjoy a variety events happening around Calgary throughout the month. April 30th is International Jazz Day, that also marks the official end to JAM. Check out the many FREE events happening around the city celebrating this fun and wonderful music genre!
- Where: Various Locations
- When: April 30
- Cost: FREE
- What: For many years, Model Milk has offered their wildly popular Sunday Supper every week, serving a casual three course family-style meal instead of their regular menu. The meal incorporates a few appetizer plates, two meat proteins, multiple sides, and a sweet finish, all of which can be enjoyed in the comfortable atmosphere that Model Milk provides.
- Where: 308 17 Avenue SW
- When: Every Sunday until September 3
Go for brunch!
- You can never go wrong with Sunday brunch, or rather brunch on any day of the week! It makes for a great date or if you looking for a place to catch up with old friends that won’t break the bank after the holidays. Bonding over benny is a real thing! Here are a few spots that are either new to Calgary’s brunch scene or are not your classic brunch spots that you have been to millions of times before.
- Ten Foot Henry
- Alforno Bakery and Café
- Phil and Sebastians on 8th Avenue SW
- OEB Breakfast Co. on 5th Avenue SW
- Bridgette Bar
- Starbelly Open Kitchen + Lounge
- Native Tongues Taqueria