Here are some of the top events to check out in Calgary this weekend, July 24 to 26. For a complete list of events, check out the Calgary Buzz event calendar.
Calgary Folk Music Festival
- What: Live Folk music from 14 different countries with over 70 artists featuring Esperanza Spalding, Lucinda Williams, John Butler Trio, Patrick Watson, FatherJohn Misty, Richard Thompson, Hawsley Workman, Shakey Graves, Lake Street Dive, The Mavericks, Steep Canyon Rangers. This will be the 36th Folk Festival in Calgary.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park
- When: July 23 to July 26
- Cost: Ticket price varies by day and age.
- Website: calgaryfolkfest.com/
Historic Calgary Week
- What: During the 25th Anniversary of the Historic Week Calgary you will find 65 different events. Events include a hunt to discover hidden history nuggets throughout the city, historical cross word puzzles, and a history book is being developed from input by 20 volunteer authors.
- Where: Various locations
- When: July 23 to August 3
- Website: chinookcountry.org/
Canadian Trampolin Gymnastics Championships
- What: Watch Canada’s best trampoline and tumbling athletes.
- Where: Genesis Centre- 7555 Falconridge Boulevard Northeast, Suite 10, Calgary
- When: Friday, July 24 to Monday July 27
- Cost: Adult $10, Student $5, Senior $60, and Family $25. 4 years and under are free.
- Website: abgym.ab.ca/
Milky Way Nights
- What: This U of C event is late night star gazing for the public at the observatory. Observe the night sky alongside research scientists, if you have any questions they will try and answer them. The moonless nights provide a breathtaking view of our stars.
Where: Rothney Astrophysical Observatory- on the east side of Highway 22, 2.4 km south of the Hwy 22 and Hwy 22x interchange Priddis, AB
- When: Saturday, July 25, 10p.m. to 2a.m. and Sunday, July 26, 10p.m. to 2a.m.
- Cost: is a donation to the observatory’s educational programs
- Website: ucalgary.ca/news/psa/june2014/milky-way-nights
7th Multiple Miles for Myeloma
- What: Join in the run to support Southern Alberta Myeloma Patient Society.
- Where: North Glenmore Park- 7305 Crowchild Tr. SW, Calgary
- When: Saturday, July 25 at 9 a.m.
- Cost: Regular price for all races (5Km, 10Km and team) is $40
- Website: southernalbertamyeloma.org/ and here to register: events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=11958
MEC Calgary Race five
- What: This is an affordable chip timed race to get you excited about improving your health.
- Where: Edworthy Park- 5050 Spruce Dr. SW, Calgary
- When: Saturday, July 25 at 9a.m to 12p.m.
- Cost: $15
- Website: events.mec.ca/event/25441/mec-calgary-race-five-2015
- What: Western Canada’s largest pet festival is coming back to Calgary and is a Pet friendly family event. The activities include, “Running of the Bulls”, Dock Dogs Canada and more.
- Where: Eau Claire Market- 200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary
- When: July 25 to 26 at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m (both days)
- Cost: Free
- Website: petapaloozawest.com/#2015-shows