TEDxCalgary will be held Saturday, May 7 at the Health Sciences Centre of University of Calgary’s Foothills Camus. This year’s event will open up the conversation around revolutions and how each individual bares witness to revolutions in their own lives and communities.
TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a global set of conferences which began running annually in 1990. Speakers are given a maximum of 18 minutes to present their ideas in the most innovative and engaging ways they can. TED has grown to support world-changing initiatives, and an annual TED Prize of $1 million goes to an individual with a wish to change the world.
TEDxCalgary 2016 speakers
- Bill Ptacek – CEO of the Calgary Public Library
- Dr. Mary Anne Moser – Beakerhead’s co-founder and President
- Dr. Peter Brown – Professor at McGill University
- Rudy Karsan – Actuary, NYTimes bestselling author, Entreprenuer
- Dr. Karim Gillani – Sufi musician, Instructor and Ethnomusicologist at the University of Alberta
- Bandile Phiri – 16-year-old student activist for awareness on social media and now how the educational system needs to change it’s focus.
- Dr. Beverly A. Sandalack – Renowned landscape Architect and Associate Dean for the Faculty of Environmental Design at the University of Calgary
- Dr. Christian Jacob – Digital Biologist and Bio-Informatics Explorer
- Shellyza Murji – Existential Bollywood Dancer and Therapist
- Kyle Shewfelt – Olympic gold medalist and owner/president of Kyle Shewfelt Gymnastics
Where: Libin Theatre at the Cumming School of Medicine – Health Sciences Centre, Foothills Campus – 3330 Hospital Drive NW
When: Saturday, May 7 from 12 to 5:30 p.m.
Cost: $92 – $149