Oh lovely, it’s that time of year again.
Our second season of ‘construction’ is upon us and that means road and lane closures for a while.
Although it’s great that rims won’t be damaged anymore, it does mean you’ll need to add a few more minutes to your commute.
The City says residential or business areas that will be affected by paving will receive hand-delivered notice from them in advance of work starting. In a release they say to ” keep an eye out for posted signs alerting you to parking bans, sidewalk closures and other short-term impacts.”
Major paving projects in 2017
- 14 Street NW (from 21 Avenue to 64 Avenue NW)
- 16 Avenue NE (from 5 Street to Deerfoot Trail limits)
- 32 Avenue NE – Phase 1 (Burroughs Manor to 48 Street NE)
- 32 Avenue NE – Phase 2 (48 Street to 36 Street NE)
- 68 Street NE (From 12 Avenue to north of 26 Avenue)
- 6 Avenue SW (From 10 Street to 16 Street SW, including 14 Street ramps)
- 37 Street SW (From 33 Avenue to Richardson Way)
- Spruce Drive SW (From Worcester Drive to 8 Avenue SW)
- Heritage Drive SE (From Glendeer Circle SE to 77 Avenue SE)
- Rundle and Martindale community paving
- Various locations in Rosscarrock, Woodbine and Willow Park
The City says paving work will continue until the end of October and will be scheduled during off-peak hours and at night when possible to mitigate impacts to motorists and pedestrians.
Paving areas in South Calgary
Paving areas in North Calgary
For detailed information visit Roadway activities map for a visual overview of all planned paving locations.