Summer is in the air, and that can mean only one thing: it’s time to dust off the BBQ.
The smell of hot coals and sound of sizzling steaks – who doesn’t enjoy an opportunity to fire up the grill. Thanks to Spud.ca‘s online grocery store, this summer it’ll be easier than ever to get your grill on. But choosing what to put on your BBQ is only part of the equation, you’ve also got to decide where to put it.
So to help you find the perfect spot for some al fresco grilling, here are four great spots for a summer bbq in Calgary.
Located in Calgary’s southwest along the Elbow River, Sandy Beach provides the perfect atmosphere for a summertime BBQ. Highly recommended for great eats to throw on the grill is Spud.ca’s meat bundle that includes sirloin steak, natural chicken tenders, and pork chops. Enjoy the bonus of saving money by ordering groceries online, instead of opting for pricey take out.
Book your portable BBQ for a weekend of camping at Calaway Park. After an aromatic dinner with your friends you’ll spend a night under the stars, feeling nice and sleepy thanks to your full belly. If you’re staying here during the Stampede then remember to book early and pack some extra groceries since you’re bound to meet new friends. Don’t forget to eat healthy – pack along the farmer’s surprise box of organic veggies from Spud.ca. Serve them as a side for burgers to get some extra vitamins.
Expect to do lots of exploring at Stanley Park. With all that walking around you’ll want to fill yourself up with fresh food. The 21-hectare park boasts social picnic areas, tennis courts, an outdoor swimming pool, and more. Spud.ca has an awesome carb selection in its online bakery – highly recommended is the crispy buns with the perfect amount of chewy and crispness, an ultimate must for your hotdogs and veggie burgers.
Pearce Estate Park
Marvel at the towering trees and venture to the sides of the Bow River which flows through Calgary. You’ll explore its 15 hectares of wetlands with your friends, taking lots of photos along the way. Keeping with the stunning natural scenery that surrounds you, you’ll enjoy some wild sockeye salmon, cooked to perfection on your trusty BBQ.
Now that you’re ready to slap your favourite foods onto the BBQ in a picturesque Calgary location, you’ll be wondering what you’d like to bring. Luckily Spud.ca is offering one lucky winner an amazing prize to show them the convenience of its organic items. You can easily bring them camping, to the park, for a picnic, to the dock, and much more – with just a few clicks from your phone or computer.
Enter for your chance to win the following price, valued at $250:
- Ground bison ~500g Perfect for patties
- 2 boneless beef ribeye ~each 8oz
- 2 bison striploin ~each 8oz
- 1 pack (5 links) elk cranberry sausage
- 1 pack (4 links) wild boar citrus sausage
- 1 Pack (4 links) chicken and roasted red pepper sausage
- 1 pack (6 links) lamb merguez sausage
- Avocados, celery, spinach, ginger, navel oranges, raspberries, zucchinis, mini cucumbers, tomatoes on the vine, green kale, Bartlett pears, and white mushrooms
To enter for your chance to win the prize listed above, do at least one of the following:
1. Like Spud Calgary on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Like Spud Calgary on Twitter – @SpudCalgary – and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a $250 prize pack from @ via @CgyBuzz http://ow.ly/3eOG3028DcQ RT to enter!
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on July 18, 2016. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.