Look forward to this weekend, Calgary, because it’s a long one!
Monday is Heritage Day, which means it’s time to kick back and relax… though that also means a lot of places that you usually frequent might be closed.
We’ve got a handy guide to tell you all the places that are open and all of those that are not.
- Highly-anticipated Pirate Pak Day returns to White Spot this month
- Award-winning Canadian chef Antonio Park’s food is now on Air Canada international flights
- Local trans activist shares her personal journey and educates us on gender identities (VIDEO)
Transit will be running on a Sunday service this Monday. For information on schedules, fares and service changes, check Calgary Transit.
View this post on Instagram
Malls will be open but with shorter hours:
- CF Chinook Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- CORE Shopping Centre (noon to 5 pm)
- Sunridge Mall (11 am to 5 pm)
- Westbrook Mall (noon to 5 pm)
- Southcentre Mall (9:30 am to 9 pm, individual store hours may vary)
- Deerfoot City Mall (11 am to 5 pm)
- Marlborough Mall (noon to 5 pm)
- Eau Claire Market Mall (11 am to 5 pm)
- Northland Village (11 am to 5 pm)
- North Hill Centre (11 am to 5 pm)
- Deerfoot Meadows (10 am to 9 pm, individual store hours may vary)
Regular admissions still apply.
- Theatres: Check your local listings for showtimes
- Theme parks: Calaway Park is open from 10 am to 7 pm
- Golf courses: Call or enquire online to book some tee time
- Loblaws City Market (7 am to 10 pm; pharmacy closed)
- Safeway (check your local store as hours vary)
- Urban Fare (7 am to 10 pm)
- IGA (8 am to 10 pm)
- Amaranth (check your local store as hours vary)
- Save-on-foods (regular hours)
- Walmart (7 am to 11 pm)
- Superstore (7 am to 11 pm, department hours may vary)
Check your local liquor stores for hours
- CO-OP pharmacy (10 am to 6 pm)
All libraries are closed this Monday.
All Canada Post offices will be closed, however, those operated by the private sector will be open according to the hours of service of the host business.
All banks will be closed.
Animal service centres
All animal service will be closed.
Except for those with advanced bookings
Except for Southland and Village Square leisure centres
All administrative buildings including city hall
Happy Heritage Day, Calgary!