‘Tis the season!
Calgary’s favourite outdoor skating rink has finally opened, as Olympic Plaza’s rink will see skates come 10 am on Monday, November 20.
- 5 places to see Christmas lights in Calgary 2017
- Augmented reality window art coming to Calgary's streets
- Check out this 300,000 bulb light display on Calgary's 14th Street
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refrigerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair, though the Skate Hut isn’t scheduled to open until November 23.
- When: Monday, November 20 to mid March
- Time: weather dependent from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- Cost: Free