The Calgary Stampede has launched its annual Nashville North Star competition, searching for the hottest new talent in country music.
Contestants will not only get a chance to showcase their talent on the Nashville North stage during the Stampede, but also “record, perform and experience the life of a country star.”
To enter, go to calgarystampede.com/nnstar and upload a video of yourself or your band performing your favourite country music cover song before June 20 at 5 p.m.
An online vote will then take place on Facebook on June 21 and 22; the competitor who earns the most online votes will be automatically entered into the top 10.
The remaining nine slots will be chosen by a panel of industry judges.
The top 10 will perform in the semi-finals on the Nashville North stage on July 9; the top six will advance to the finals on July 11, when the Nashville North Star will be chosen.
The Nashville North Star winner will get:
- Trip to the 2016 Canadian Country Music Awards in London, Ont. including hotel, airfare and a Country Music Week delegate pass
- Performance on Nashville North stage on July 16
- Recording session at Music Centre Canada
- Professional song writing session with country music artist, Jake Mathews
- Professional photography session
- Record release to country radio stations across Canada provided by Royalty Records
- Showcase opportunity at 2016 Royalty Records party at Canadian Country Music Week
- $2,500 cash
A cash prize of $1,000 will go to the runner-up and $500 to the third place winner.
Calgary Buzz is a proud media sponsor of the Calgary Stampede