12 music venues that stretch along Calgary's Music Mile
Calling itself, trendy, historic and soulful, Calgary’s newly dubbed stretch of great restaurants and one-of-a-kind retail outlets, is sure to make an impression on its visitors. The Music Mile, Calgary’s original main street, is a place where musicians and performers can play all year round at a variety of venues.
The new attraction is located along 9th Avenue in Inglewood and East Village, and is run by the Music Mile Society of Calgary, a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting and enhancing the Music Mile.
Here are 12 great venues that stretch along Calgary’s newest mile:
Ironwood Stage & Grill
Presenting national and international artists who cover the spectrum of Jazz, Blues, Folk, Alternative, Country and more. This is an all ages music venue.
- Address: 1229 9ht Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-269-5581
- Facebook: Ironwood Stage & Grill Twitter: @IronwoodStage
Fort Calgary’s Burnswest Theatre
Historic Fort Calgary’s Burnswest Theatre is the birth place of music and entertainment in Calgary. Inviting performers for outside performances and performances inside in their newly renovated 125-seat theatre.
- Address: 750 9th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-290-1875
- Facebook: Fort Calgary Twitter: @fortcalgary Instagram: @fortcalgary
An intimate space that invites all genres of songwriters, comedians, and performers to come and entertain guests.
- Address: 1413 9th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-265-5739
- Facebook: Lolita’s Lounge Twitter: @LolitasLounge
Home of the Folk Festival Society of Calgary, Festival Hall presents diverse indie, roots, traditional, and music from around the globe.
- Address: 1215 10th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-233-0904
- Facebook: Calgary Folk Music Festival Twitter: @calgaryfolkfest
The Lantern Church
Ideal for music and other live performances The Lantern Church is set up with a new stage combined with stained glass and historic woodwork.
- Address 1401 10th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-234-9116
- Facebook: Lantern Community Church
Gravity Espresso & Wine Bar
This bar is great because not only does it boast live music performances they support local charities too by having 50% of the $10 cover go to the artist and the other 50% go to a local charity.
- Address: 909 10th Street SE
- Phone: 403-457-0697
- Facebook: Gravity Espresso and Wine Bar Twitter: @Cafegravity
Located in the historic Simmons building, charbar prides itself on quality ingredients and hosts a wide range of options on its menu.
- Address: 618 Confluence Way SE
- Phone: 403-452-3115
- Facebook: charbar Twitter: @charbar_yyc Instagram: @charbar_yyc
Off Cut Bar @ The Nash
Comfortable seating in a moody setting, this venue features fantastic food and drinks, perfect for music performances.
- Address: 925 11th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-984-3365
- Facebook: The Nash YYC Twitter: @OffCutBar Instagram: @offcutbar
The Blues Can
Listen to live music every day of the week with 12 live shows a week, including four open jams. They also bring a special Cajun kitchen as well as great staff.
- Address: 1429 9th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-262-2666
- Facebook: The Blues Can
Serving authentic Italian Cuisine with contemporary twists, 500 Cucina specializes in hand-made pastas and pizzas. They offer live music every Saturday night.
- Address: 1003 9th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-460-0797
- Facebook: 500 Cucina Twitter: @500Cucina Instagram: @500cucina
Bite is a grocery store that spreads its love of food with the people of Calgary, and they also like to share live jazz music on the weekends.
- Address: 1023 9th Avenue SE
- Phone: 403-263-3966
- Facebook: Bite Twitter: @BiteYYC Instagram: @biteyyc
A family friendly venue, Vagabond Calgary boasts a wide-spread menu aimed to appeal to everyone that stops by.
- Address: 1129 Olympic Way SE
- Phone: 403-454-6670
- Facebook: Vagabond Calgary Twitter: @VagabondCalgary