Mother’s Day is this weekend, and if you’re struggling to think of something to do for your mom to celebrate, you’re in luck.
For Calgarians, there are many events to choose from, and lots of them are listed below.
If you find yourself downtown on May 13, check out the Mother-Daughter Fashion Show hosted on the third level of the CORE in the Style & Beauty Bar. The Hattori/Williamson School of Ballet will be displaying an assortment of springtime fashions for mothers and daughters.
- When: May 13 from 1:30 to 4pm
- Address: 333 7 Avenue SW
This event is free to attend and organized by Calgary’s South Asian community. Here you can enjoy live Music Bollywood Dances, Bhangra, food, vendors and more, all in Olympic Plaza.
- When: May 13 from 10am to 8pm
- Address: Calgary Olympic Plaza – 222 8 Avenue SE
Ollia has created a limited edition Macaron for Mother’s Day – Raspberry Champagne “Mom”osa. Also book you and your mom a baking class experience before May 14 and receive 20% off.
- Address: Ollia Macarons and Tea – 810c 16 Avenue SW
- Cost: $2.25/ macaron, $14 box of 7, $24 box of 12
Nothing say’s “Thank you Mom,” better than surprising her with her favourite sweet treat. Be sure to check out the Sugar Cube pop-up happening on May 13th and get your mom the gift of candy.
- When: Saturday, May 13
- Address: Greater Goods – #8 606 Meredith Road NE
Pretty Sweet will be offering a selection of Mothers Day goodies and Bark YYC will also be doing a pop up in the shop.
- When: Saturday, May 13
- Address: Pretty Sweet Bake Shop – 536 42 Avenue SE
Neck massages from Mount Royal University students, delicious food samples from vendors, and draw prizes are just some of the perks of taking your mom to the Calgary Farmer’s Market this Saturday. Not only does this venue have a lot to offer for a day out with Mom, but they’re also collecting diaper donations for the Bare Bottoms Diaper Drive. It’ll be a great way to donate to the community while having a great day.
- When: May 13 from 10am to 2pm
- Address: 510 77 Avenue SE
This weekend at Bee Kingdom Glass studio, you can see beautiful handblown glass items featured for a special Mother’s Day price, as well as watch a glassblowing demonstration, absolutely free.
- When: May 13 to 14 from 12 to 5pm
- Address: 427 22 Avenue NW
Get active with mom
If you’re a mom who loves skiing, there’s some good news for you. If you’re accompanied by your child and buy a regular priced Child or Youth ticket, you will get to ski absolutely free of charge. You just have to be accompanied by your child, and said child must be between the ages of 6-17 years old.
- When: Sunday, May 14
- Address: 1 Sunshine access Road, Banff
The Run, Walk & Ride event will have a 5 km route (5.3594 km) and a 10 km route that both start and finish at CF Chinook Centre.
- When: Sunday, May 14
- Address: Chinook Centre – 61st Avenue & Macleod Trail S
Brunch is likely the best meal of the day. There’s something about rich breakfast foods that make you feel loved and appreciated. That might be why there are so many Mother’s Day brunches happening across the city or nearby.
Choose between the Riverview Brunch buffet or the Waldhause Brunch a la carte in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains in Banff National Park. Call 403-762-6860 to reserve your table.
- Time: May 14, Riverview: 10am to 2:30pm; Waldhaus: 11am to 2pm
- Address: 405 Spray Ave, Banff
The historic landmark at Fish Creek Park is hosting a brunch event you won’t want to miss. Enjoy a beautiful day in one of our city’s most beautiful parks.
- Time: May 14 from 9am to 2pm (last seating at 1:30)
- Address: 15979 Bow Bottom Trail SE
Winsport is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch that will feature fresh eggs, an omelet station, bacon, ham, salad and desserts. There will also be mimosas to start the morning off right.
- When: May 14 from 9am to 2pm
- Address: 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Enjoy a special Mother’s Day brunch menu at the Calgary Zoo. Tickets have to be purchased in advance, but the price includes zoo admission. Start the day with good food, and keep the good times rolling with a day at the zoo.
- When: May 14, seating at 9am, 11:30 am and 2pm
- Address: 1300 Zoo Road NE
Spots for this conveniently located event are limited so a reservation is strongly encouraged. This special Mother’s Day brunch features in-house fresh baked breads, prime rib, seafood, traditional breakfast food, and dessert.
- When: May 14, 9:00am-1:30pm
- Address: 9030 Macleod Trail S
Another event where a reservation is recommended, this brunch is friendly to the whole family. Here you can enjoy a beautiful buffet and from there, take your mom out for a day in downtown Calgary.
- When: May 14 from 10am to 3pm
- Address: 345 10 Avenue SW
Fort Calgary is offering a fun and historical Mother’s Day brunch in the Officer’s Mess where you can enjoy historical breakfast foods as well as modern ones. The cost for this event includes a full day of historical fun at Fort Calgary.
- Time: May 14 from 10am to 2pm
- Where: 750 9 Avenue SE
The Grey Eagle Casino is hosting a special Mother’s Day brunch and dinner event. Every lady who comes in will be given a fresh flower and have the opportunity to enter to win a $500 spa package.
- Time: May 14, Brunch- 10am to 2:30pm, Dinner- 5pm to 10pm
- Address: 3777 Grey Eagle Drive
Treat your mom to a three course brunch with wine pairings and a fashion show displaying the latest of spring fashions. The cost of tickets include the price of the show, brunch, a complimentary makeup touch up as well as gift bags.
- Time: May 14 from 11 am to 1 pm
- Address: 2310 4th Street SW