The votes, are in, the count is finalized, and the burgers have most definitely been eaten; the big, juicy winners have been named for this year’s Le Burger Week.
Le Burger Week, for anyone just tuning in, is a week-long competition where restaurants create a burger that encapsulates the style, taste, and overall concept of their cuisine. That burger joins a list for would-be judges/eaters of burgers to try out and will be rated on the Le Burger Week website throughout the week.
At the end of the week, four burgers reign supreme: The “People’s Choice” (most votes), “Most Creative”, “Healthiest Burger”, and “Judges’ Choice” (decided by undercover judges throughout the country).
On Monday morning Le Burger Week Calgary announced the winners of this year’s competition, and here they are in all their glory.
People’s Choice Award: Veg-In YYC Café
- Burger Name: The Double Decker
- Burger Description: Seasoned black bean patty under a crunchy smashed samosa with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and pickles with your choice of up to three sauces. Topped with vegan house cashew cheese or regular dairy cheese. Vegan or vegetarian and can be made gluten free with a lentil patty substitution.
Judges’ Choice Award: Anju
- Burger Name: The Steamed Bun Pork Burger
- Burger Description: Pork & glass noodle patty. Serrano soy mayo, Tallegio cheese, onion, cucumber kimchi.
Most Creative Burger Award: The Kitchen Table
- Burger Name: Blue Cheese Stuffed Prime Rib Burger
- Burger Description: 8 oz Prime rib burger stuffed with blue cheese. Served with herb aioli, tomato, pickle, arugula and spiced onion rings.
Healthiest Burger Award: The Dog and Duck Pub
- Burger Name: Ahi Tuna Poke Burger
- Burger Description: Everything an Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl would have but in burger form. Sashimi grade ahi tuna marinated in a poke dressing and crusted with black and white sesame seeds cooked rare. Topped with guacamole, red onions, and lettuce. Served in a sesame kaiser bun with sriracha mayo.
If you missed out on being a part of Le Burger Week this time around, you’ll have to wait a whole year for the festival to return.
- 10 of the best places to eat at in Inglewood
- Hilarious video explores endangered status of Tim Hortons speciality bagel
- The Nash and Off Cut Bar launch a pop-up culture club in Calgary