Health Canada has issued a new recall notice for various brands of hand sanitizers because of “unacceptable” ingredients and “unauthorized sale” in this country.
The recalls were issued on April 7, and the agency said the following products are affected:
- Aerochem Liquid Hand Cleaner – Not authorized for sale in Canada; unacceptable ingredient
- Gigi’s Goodbye Germs Hand Sanitizer – Not authorized for sale in Canada; insufficient quality oversight
- JP Wiser’s Distillery – Unacceptable ingredient
- Premium Hand Gel Sanitizer – Unacceptable ingredient
- Premium Hand Sanitizer – Unacceptable ingredient
- Safe-Guard Product Canada Hand Sanitizer – Not authorized for sale in Canada; unacceptable ingredient
Health Canada is advising consumers to stop using the recalled products and return them to a pharmacy for proper disposal.
For anyone who may have used the products and has concerns, the department says to contact a healthcare professional.