UPDATE: The Tuesday, August 23 show has been rescheduled for Wednesday, August 24 due to weather.
Calgary’s annual fireworks festival is in town and running until Saturday, August 27. If you haven’t checked out the event just yet, there are still plenty of tickets available for this week.
The festival first launched in 2003 and now includes several pyromusical shows, as well as cultural music, a human rights forum, a night market and even a citizenship ceremony.
Vendors at the night market include: Arcane Coda, Bolli Imports, Corabella Wirework, Jungle Flare (Sherpa Soles), Caserex, Pup Town Paws, and Tails of the Misunderstood Canine Rescue Society.
The food at the festival will also be a celebration and representation of cultures. Countries represented in the OneWorld Café Ethnic Food Booths are: Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, India, Indonesian Kitchen, Kurdish, Philippines, Canada with Taste of Quebec, Tryzub Ukrainian and Vietnam. Cafe North Food Trucks include: Shogun Teppanyaki Grill, Jane Bond Mongolian Grill, Vasili’s, Calgary Flames Tailgate Grill, Shawarma in Motion, Empanada Queen, Chimmi’s Fresh Grill and the Fiasco Gelato Food Truck.
Schedule of upcoming firework shows
- Tuesday, August 23 -‘Symphonic‘ – Mexico
- Thursday, August 25 – ‘Chimera‘ – USA
- Saturday, August 27 – ‘Tribute‘ – Finale
- Where: Elliston Park in East Calgary (main gate at the corner of 17th [International] Avenue and 60th Street SE).
- When: August 15 to 27 from 6 to 11:30 pm – No entry after 9:15 pm
- Tickets: Available at online or at Calgary Co-op Customer Service Offices and Marlborough Mall.