It’s time to celebrate everything women have to offer as entrepreneurs at the Geeky Summit on November 16.
The Geeky Summit is hosted by Chic Geek, a local non-profit focused on supporting women as they venture out into the intersection between technology and entrepreneurship.
The summit will give women the practical tools they need to go out and change the world through technology. The main workshops are divided into three categories -including the Bossy Side, Brainy Side, and Creative side – so you can focus on where you need the most inspiration.
The Bossy Side focuses on intrapersonal connections. The Creative Side looks at design thinking, while the Brainy Side explores programming.
The Geeky Summit will also feature a number of different speakers:
- Honourable Stephanie McLean, Minister of Service Alberta and Status of Women
- Nikki Durkin, founder of 99dresses
- Chantel Elliott, partner at Material Insight
- Chelsea Klukas, co-founder of MakeFashion
- Olivia Poole, founder and CEO of VINA
- Kat Dornian, Fluor Champion of Engineering Communication
- Clarissa Peterson, UX and Content Strategist
- Lauren Voisin, founder of Robots Are Fun
- Sophia Fairweather, founder of BySophia
- Tarah Ferguson, founder of She Built That
- Kylie Lakevold, co-founder and CEO of Sparrow.ai
- Reena Bains, staff Android engineer
- Kendall Barber, co-founder of Poppy Barley
- Robin Parsons, professional facilitator
- Paula Blackmore-White, people development lead at Benevity
Between the workshops, panels, and fireside chats, attendees will have a chance to network. They will also get to hang out during an evening reception.
In an effort to get more people out to this Wednesday conference, Chic Geek has put together a justification booklet to help convince your boss that this is an important opportunity for the whole company.
Tickets range from $39 for just the reception to $549 for a VIP package that includes a dinner and special gift bag. Tickets can be purchased online.
Geeky Summit by Chic Geek
When: November 16, 8 am to 9 pm
Where: Telus Spark, 220 St. Georges Drive NE
Price: $399. Buy tickets online