A pair of Calgary Flames have been named to the under-23 North American team that will compete at the World Cup of Hockey in September.
Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan, as expected were named to a star-studded team that also includes super rookies Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel.
This team is young, but they will have a chance to make some noise. The curiosity factor should be high when they take to the ice for the first time.
The first 16 players were named to the team today, while the remainder of the roster will be announced by June 1.
- John Gibson, Anaheim Ducks
- Connor Hellebuyck, Manitoba Moose (AHL)
- Matt Murray, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Aaron Ekblad, Florida Panthers
- Seth Jones, Columbus Blue Jackets
- Ryan Murray, Columbus Blue Jackets
- Morgan Rielly, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Sean Couturier, Philadelphia Flyers
- Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
- Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames
- Dylan Larkin, Detroit Red Wings
- Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche
- Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
- J.T. Miller, New York Rangers
- Sean Monahan, Calgary Flames
- Brandon Saad, Columbus Blue Jackets