13 free things to do this March in Calgary
Dec 19 2017, 11:10 am
Get out to smell the newly budded Calgary flowers and save some money heading into spring this year.
Here are some awesome free events happening in Calgary this March:
Free First Thursday Nights at the Glenbow
- What: Free admission to the Glenbow Museum every first Thursday of the month.
- Where: Glenbow Museum – 130 9 Avenue SE
- When: Thursday, March 3 from 5 to 9 p.m.
Acappella Blitz: Rhythm of the Rockies
- What: International award winning chorus Rhythm of the Rockies in conjunction with Out Loud YYC, the 2016 Juno Awards Host Committee, presents Acappella Blitz.
- Where: Various Venues
- When: Saturday, March 5 from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Check schedule.
Mommylicious Trade Fair and Fun Event
- What: A show primarily offering services and products geared towards families offering over 40 vendors, face painting, a bouncy castle, and more.
- Where: Carriage House Inn – 9030 Macleod Trail SE
- When: Sunday, March 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
International Women’s Day
- What: Celebrate International Women’s Day by honouring the stories of women from around the world while enjoying a potluck.
- Where: Women’s Centre of Calgary – 39 4 Street NE
- When: Tuesday, March 8 from 5 to 8 p.m.
Marda Loop Justice Film Fest’s I Am A Girl
- What: Being born a girl means that you are more likely to be subjected to violence, poverty, disease, and disadvantage. “I AM A GIRL” reveals what it means to grow up as a female in the 21st century.
- Where: River Park Church – 3818 14a Street SW
- When: Tuesday, March 8 at 7 p.m.
Calgary Rock, Gem, and Mineral Show
- What: Silver Cove presents the 2016 Calgary Gem Show running in March.
- Where: 4207 41 Avenue SW
- When: Thursday, March 10 to 13; Thursday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: Outloud YYC, the Calgary Tower and Dragon Fli Empire present Skyline Soul, a free event that promotes the urban arts scene in Calgary. You must register online here.
- Where: Calgary Tower – 101 9 Avenue SW
- When: Saturday, March 12 from 9 p.m. to midnight
Earth Science for Society Exhibition
- What: Inspiring the appreciation of responsible consumption, natural hazards, resource management, environmental issues, and climate science through a fun, educational, and interactive way.
- Where: Big Four Building, Stampede Park
- When: March 13 to 15
Sunday, March 13 from noon to 5 p.m.
Monday, March 14 from 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Tuesday, March 15 from 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Free Family Spring Concert by Calgary Boys’ Choir
- What: Listen to award-winning Calgary Boys’ Choir at their annual free concert.
- Where: Strathcona Christie Aspen Community Centre – 277 Strathcona Drive SW
- When: Sunday, March 13 at 3 p.m.
48-hour-Anti-Racism Red Carpet Film Screening
- What: Taking place on the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the gala will be a red carpet event showcasing short completed films from the 48-hour-Anti-Racism Film Festival in February.
- Where: John Dutton Theatre – 616 Macleod Trail SE
- When: March 21 from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Easter Egg Hunt
- What: Swing by Strathcona Square to grab your entry form any of the participating merchants to go on your Easter Egg collecting adventure. Once you have completed the Easter Egg challenge hand your paper in and get the chance to win a prize package valued at $350.
- Where: Strathcona Square Shopping Centre – 555 Strathcona Boulevard SW
- When: Now until Sunday, March 20 at 11:30 p.m.
Bowness Spring Craft Sale & Easter Eggstravaganza
- What: Visit the Spring Craft Sale held over the Easter weekend this year with fun vendors, and activities held throughout the day.
- Where: Bowness Community Centre – 7904 43 Avenue NW
- When: Saturday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- What: Free John is a biblical play about a man named John who is in the midst of despair, and holds onto faith despite growing doubts.
- Where: Foothills Alliance Church – 333 Edgepark Boulevard NW
- When: Thursday, March 24, Friday, March 25, Monday, March 28, Friday, April 1 at 7 p.m.