I haven’t seen any Easter Egg hunts in Calgary get cancelled because people threw down over who got the last chocolate, but I have seen some tweens steamroll little kids. It’s a bloodsport, that pursuit of chocolate and egg and chocolate.
If you’re down for some eggstravaganzas in Calgary this year, here’s a list of nine Easter egg hunts in Calgary to explore. But be gentle, these are all family affairs!
Take note of the dates and times the events start. Some are free, some aren’t. Schedule it right and you could have a week’s worth of fun!
- Where: Marda Loop – 33rd Avenue SW
- When: Saturday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: 25 businesses from across the neighbourhood will each be hiding 20 Easter eggs. If you’re a lucky winner who finds an egg, you’ll win a chocolate treat and be entered in to a prize draw to win a Marda Loop gift basket.
- Where: Bass Pro Shop, CrossIron Mills – 261055 CrossIron Boulevard, Rocky View
- When: March 19 to 27
- What: A multi weekend event that sees FREE pictures with the Easter Bunny during the week as well as weekend Easter Egg hunts for kids two to 10. There’s a lot going on – full details and schedules here.
- Where: Butterfield Acres – 254077 Rocky Ridge Road NW
- When: March 19 to 20 and 25 to 26, various times between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What: Starting in one of the barns, the kids listen to the Legend of the Easter Bunny. Then it’s off with their baskets to do his bidding with a special hunt. When the children find the items the Easter Bunny needs, they’ll send them down the tunnels to the Easter Bunny’s Secret Workshop where he’ll magically turn them into Easter Eggs. Advance tickets required.
- Cost: Adults $14.99, children $12.99
- Where: Calaway Park – 245033 Range Road 33
- When: Friday, March 25 at 10 a.m. (registration at 9 a.m.)
- What: National Service Dogs’ Easter Egg Hunt for Dogs (and some treats for kids too) is a family event that includes “man’s best friend”. All monies raised (family registration fee is $25) support NSD’s award-winning Certified Service Dogs for Autism, Certified Service Dogs for PTSD and Canine Assisted Intervention programs.
- Where: Calgary Zoo – 1300 Zoo Road NE
- When: March 25 and 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What: In addition to egg hunting around the zoo, there will be Easter crafts, cookie decorating, face painting, mini maxes, and more. A Get Cracking Scavenger Hunt will have your animal fans learning all about Whooping Cranes and why they’re important to the zoo. All activities are free with regular zoo admission.
- Cost: Adults $23, children $15
Where: Lake Louise Ski Resort – 18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
When: March 25 to 27, hunt at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday (for kids 12 and under at the learning area)
What: The Easter Bunny and Griff the Grizzly will make their way around the lodge and base area handing out Easter Eggs over the Easter long weekend. On Sunday, kids 12 and under are invited to scamper through the snow to find what he’s hidden.
- Where: Symons Valley Ranch – 14555 Symons Valley Road NW
- When: Saturday, March 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- What: There will be a FREE Easter Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny showing up too. There’s also egg decorating, colouring, and face painting.
- Where: Mount Engadine Lodge in K-Country
- When: Sunday, March 27 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- What: When you’re done finding all the treats in this FREE Scavenger Hunt, get into character and have your face painted like your favourite wilderness animal and roast marshmallows over the campfire. Enjoy a BBQ of Homemade Pulled Pork and Portobello Mushroom Burgers with a cash donation to the Bow Valley Food Bank.
- Where: Rosemont Community/Confederation Park – 2807 10th Street NW
- When: Sunday, March 27 from noon to 3 p.m., hunt starts at 1 p.m.
- What: This FREE hunt promises over 75 pounds of chocolate and hundreds of prizes including cash and concerts tickets to be won. Prize limits will be in effect and there will be separate adult and child hunting areas.