Authorities in Alberta have confirmed an additional 57 new known cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 6,664.
Another Albertan has now died as a result of the virus as well, bringing the provincial toll of coronavirus-related deaths to 127.
The latest data includes:
- 856 active cases and 3,621 recovered cases in the Calgary zone
- 112 active cases and 1,086 recovered cases in the South zone
- 60 active cases and 446 recovered cases in the Edmonton zone
- 18 active cases and 196 recovered cases in the North zone
- 13 active cases and 85 recovered cases in the Central zone
- Five active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones yet to be confirmed
There are currently 57 people in the hospital, nine of whom have be been admitted to intensive care (ICU).
In total, 5,453 Albertans have recovered from the virus.
In the last 24-hours, 3,761 coronavirus tests have been completed.
As well, there are 95 active cases and 592 recovered cases at continuing care facilities. Ninty three residents at these facilities have died.