From mindful meditation rooms to unlimited snacks, sit-stand desks, and paid time off to volunteer for your favourite charity, there are lots of serious work-life benefits from select Calgary companies.
And good news — they are looking for full-time and part-time staff to add to their teams.
This month’s list of companies who are hiring features Home Depot, Amazon, and the City of Calgary itself.
- See also:
Find something you love in this list of Calgary jobs.
- Who: The coffee giant has reopened their stores and is looking for a few people to join the frappucino fam.
- Jobs: Starbucks is hiring for over 150 positions at its stores throughout the city, with positions open for Baristas and Shift Supervisors.
- Perks: Perks include tuition reimbursement, discounts, health coverage, paid time off, stocks and savings options, and career development.
- Who: Bird Scooters have just returned to Calgary’s streets, and the company is hiring for four positions to keep their fleet rolling smoothly.
- Jobs: Bird is hiring in Calgary for an Associate General Manager of city operations, as well as three driver positions for different hours of the day.
- Perks: Vary by position, inquire during application.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of jobs available.
- Jobs: 23 jobs are up for grabs, including Senior Customer Practice Manager, Yard Marshall, Area Manager, and Shift Assistant.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 32 available positions. Stores that have open positions include Abercrombie & Fitch, MAC, State & Main, and KFC.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page at UofC’s website shows 77 positions currently available for application, with everything from Campus Security to various scholar positions.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Winsport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore, Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier, Alberta.
- Jobs: Winsport is currently looking to fill one part-time position of Mountain Bike Instructor.
- Perks: Winsport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 26 jobs are currently on offer with the City of Calgary, in departments including Planning, Finance, and Administration.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to work out facilities, Repsol’s makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol’s is looking to bring in two new employees; a part time Duty Manager, and a Payroll and Benefits Admin.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is hiring for two part-time positions at its Calgary locations.
- Jobs: Pro Account Sales Associate and Appliance Specialist.
- Perks: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits that include health, maternity and paternity leave, bonus plans, employee stock purchases, time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, and discounts on group home and car insurance.
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for three positions this month: Aquatics Supervisor at three different locations.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.