Beginning this Saturday, January 21, the Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre is having their biggest event of the year, celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year – the Year of Rooster.
- Lake Louise's Ice Magic Festival hosts talented ice artists from around the world
- Experience dining in a whole new light with Dinner in the Dark
The festival will be four consecutive weekends event starting on January 21. During the festival, the programs will begin in the morning at 10 am every Saturday and Sunday.
The 2017 Chinese Lunar New Year Festival will also kick off the community’s Canada 150 celebrations.
The Festival features performances of traditional Dragon & Lion Dances, music and dance programs, martial art demonstrations, folk art exhibitions, assorted games, an indoor bazaar selling one of a kind gifts and of course a multitude of food and festive treats. This event attracts more than 20,000 visitors each year and has been supported by hundreds of volunteers, community partners and performing
Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
Chinese New Year in Calgary
- What: A multi-weekend celebration of the Chinese Year of the Rooster.
- When: Four consecutive weekends, beginning Saturday, January 21 at 10 am
- Where: Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre – 197 1 Street SW
- Admission: Free