Carey Price has been named Canada’s top athlete, winning the Lou Marsh Award for 2015.
Carey Price, the Montreal Canadiens goaltender, is your 2015 Lou Marsh Award winner.
— SeanFitz_Gerald (@SeanFitz_Gerald) December 15, 2015
Price had the best year of his career in 2015. He cleaned up at the NHL Awards in June, taking home the Hart, Lindsay, Vezina, and Jennings Trophies.
Other athletes in the running this year included:
- Shawn Barber (pole vault)
- Kadeisha Buchanan (soccer)
- Andre de Grasse (sprinter)
- Brent Lakatos (wheelchair racer)
- Russell Martin (baseball)
- Kia Nurse (basketball)
- Brad Sinopoli (football)
- Brianne Theisen-Eaton (track)
- Andrew Wiggins (basketball)
Price is the first hockey player to win the Lou Marsh Award since Sidney Crosby won the trophy in 2009. Last year’s winner was Olympic gold medal winning bobsledder Kaillie Humphries.