No need to slum it in the blue and white “smart fortwo” vehicles, you can now drive around in a Benz.
“Car2go is a member-focused company,” said General Manager for car2go Calgary, Jon Wycoco. “Our Calgary members have shown us that having an option with room for more passengers is what they want—one that also performs well, no matter the season, and that’s exactly what we are delivering today with the first of what will be hundreds of new 4-Matic All Wheel Drive Mercedes-Benz cars.”
Car2go will be adding over 400 Mercedes-Benz vehicles to its Calgary fleet with the new all-wheel drive Mercedes-Benz CLA and GLA four-door five passenger vehicles.
Grabbing a Mercedes-Benz car over a smart fortwo will be just as easy on your car2go app however it’ll cost you a little bit more to rent. Car2go Mercedes-Benz vehicles will hit the road at 47 cents a minute while smart fortwo vehicles will be available to drive for 41 cents a minute.
New vehicle features
- Rearview camera, providing drivers with a 180-degree view
- Blind Spot Assist, which warns drivers when another object or vehicle is in their blind spot
- Adaptive Braking, a radar-based technology that can autonomously brake at speeds of up to 105km/h and alert drivers when approaching a vehicle ahead – including some stationary objects –at a speed and distance that suggest a collision is likely
- Heated Seats, Bluetooth, Navigation, and Panoramic sunroof
- Multiple air-bags and anti-lock braking system
- Full smartphone integration including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Mercedes-Benz’s innovative ECO start/stop system that turns off the engine to prevent fuel consumption while idling at a stop, and re-starts the engine instantly when the driver moves from the brake to the gas pedal
If you don’t already have a car2go membership you can get one now for free. For a limited time, car2go is offering Calgarians free registration and drive credit for new car2go
members. Download the car2go app or register online with the code NEWWHEELS to receive free registration plus $10 of drive credit.