This is a bit cooler than your usual “underground” music scene.
For four days this December, Canmore Cave Tours will be hosting their Spirit in the Mountain concert series, which will see various music groups performing live 100 metres underground.
- 3 people caught maple-handed with $20,000 worth of syrup
- Surrey foursome charged in Calgary after stealing 5,000 pieces of mail
- December's full moon will be the longest of the year
The venue is Rat’s Nest Cave, and the performances will be by Calgary’s own indie-rock group The Silkstomes, western Canadian music duo Trundled, Canmore native Seth Anderson, and folk-rock band Elk Run & Riot over the course of four days.
Attendees will also enjoy the thrill of descending underground into the heart of Grotto Mountain, and spending the evening in the natural, cavernous halls.
Tickets are available at $130 per night, and guests are welcome to purchase passes for any—and all—of the performances.
When: December 14 to 17, 2018
Where: Rat’s Nest Cave – 202-129 Bow Meadows Crescent, Canmore
Time: All concerts/tours start at 5 pm, with performances beginning at 8 pm.
Here’s the full schedule:
- 5 pm Meet your guide and pack up
- 5:45 pm convoy to the cave parking lot
- 6 pm hike to the cave
- 7:15 pm let’s go caving
- 8 pm the performance begins
- 10 pm exit the cave
- 11:15 pm arrive back at the office
December 14 — The Silkstones
December 15 – Elk Run & Riot
December 16 – Trundled
December 17 – Seth Anderson
Tickets: Online, $130