The Calgary Stampede officially starts this Friday, but at some of the Stampede tents around the city, the Greatest Show On Earth is already getting started.
Here’s a roundup of a few of the best Stampede tents in Calgary where you can kick back, kick off, or just kick up your heels to your heart’s content.
- What: The Wildhorse Saloon is offering “the greatest Stampede Party in Calgary.” They’ve got concerts by The Road Hammers, Reuben and the Dark and Blackjack Billy to name a few, a BBQ, a non-stop dance floor, 20+ bars serving drinks that will knock your boots off, and of course, two different Stampede roundup after parties.
- Where: Wildhorse Saloon Stampede Tent – 500 6th Avenue SW
- When: From Thursday, July 7 to Saturday, July 16
- Tickets: At Wildhorse, daily admission priced $20, individual shows separately priced; VIP boss passes and areas also available.
- What: Ranchman’s Cookhouse and Dancehall has some high energy, rockin’ country music planned for this year’s Stampede main stage and event tent, including Jeremy Dallas, Chris Henderson, Foxx Worthee, the Chris Buck Band, the Boom Chucka Boys and Twoshine County. Plus there’s a bull riding arena and rooftop patios.
- Where: Ranchman’s Cookhouse and Dancehall – 9615 MacLeod Trail South
- When: From Friday, July 8 to Saturday, July 16
- Tickets: At Ranchman’s, no charge for patio entry, event tent and main stage priced $10-$15, roughstock cards (10-day VIP passes for up to four people) priced $125, chute passes $30. Drinks tickets $5.95-$6.95, food tickets $11-$18
- What: The “most fun you can have with your boots on,” Cowboys is certainly a Stampede landmark for cowboys and playboys alike. As well as the huge parties happening in the tent, you’ll also be able to see the The Strumbellas, Ice Cube, Blink 182, Huey Lewis and the News and of course, “midget wrestling.”
- Where: Cowboys Stampede Tent – 421 12th Ave SE
- When: From Thursday, July 7 to Saturday, July 9, and from Friday, July 15 to Saturday, July 16; various times
- Tickets: From Cowboys, daily admission priced $20-30, individual shows priced separately, fastpasses priced $100 to skip the line, food tickets priced $22.50, drinks tickets priced $7.75; rodeo packages, festival passes, chute passes and VIP suites also available.
- What: Whether you listen to country year-round or just 10 days in July, Nashville North is the place to catch rising stars and familiar favourites. This year it has a huge array of shows on offer, including The Dungarees, Tim Hicks, Jason Greeley, Tanya Ryan and High Valley – and that’s just on the first day!
- Where: Nashville North – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: From Thursday, July 7 to Sunday, July 17
- Tickets: Nashville North concerts free on entry to Stampede grounds. Buck the line ticket packages available on the Calgary Stampede website.