The 21st annual Calgary Real Estate Forum will be back in the city next month
It’s no secret that Calgary’s real estate market can be a tumultuous beast, to say the least.
It has been unclear exactly where the market has been heading in the years following 2015’s recession, though the good people over at the Calgary Real Estate Forum may just have it all figured out — or at least are asking the right questions.
The 21st edition of the event will be taking place in the city this November 6, with industry experts taking the stage to discuss the economic factors, political landscapes, job growth, and more that can influence the real estate market.
The forum includes a networking reception to close the event, as well as panels that include presidents of some of Calgary’s biggest names in real estate.
The Calgary Real Estate Forum will be held at the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre’s North Building on Wednsday, November 6, and tickets are currently available for purchase, starting at $495.
The forum kicks off at 8 am with opening remarks from KPMG Canada partner Randy Kraft and president of Hopewell Development Murray DeGirolamo.
Here’s a list of the various programs that can be expected at this year’s event:
- Economic Outlook for Alberta and Calgary: Where are the Fundamentals Heading?
- Understanding the Shifting Political Landscape in Unpredictable Times
- Beyond the Energy Sector: What are Other Major Engines of the Economy in Calgary? How Much Job Growth is Occurring in the Various Clusters?
- Commercial Property Taxes in Calgary: What You Need To Know?
- The Changing Nature of Work and its Implications for the Office Market: What are the Key Factors Behind these Trends? How are the Needs of Occupiers Changing and Affecting this Property Class?
- Spotlight on the Calgary Municipal Development Corporation: Moving Ahead with Major Public Mega Projects
- How is the Debt Market Financing Assets and Construction in Calgary?
- The Multi-Residential Market is Now a Favoured Property Class: How Has it Performed in Calgary? How Much Purpose-Built Activity is Underway?
- Facts and Fallacies Surrounding Alberta’s Oil and Gas Industry: What is the Real Story?
- How Much Development Activity Continues to Move Ahead? Case Studies of a Cross-Section of Projects
- Giving Older Assets a New Life: A Look at Repurposing Existing Properties and Sites. What are Entrepreneurs Doing?
- The Pressures and Continues Evolution of Retail: What are the Facts and Fallacies in the Calgary Market?
- How are Secondary Markets Surrounding Calgary Performing? Insights on Airdrie, Balzac, Cochrane, Rocky View, and Other Communities
- Is the Calgary Industrial Real Estate Market a Stable Property Class? Is it Performing Better than Expected?
- Where are Valuations in the Major Property Classes in Calgary? Who are Buyers? Who are Sellers?
- What Short and Long Term Initiatives is the City of Calgary Creating to Facilitate Established Area Development and Reinvestment in this Market?
- The Accelerated Intersection Between Technology and Real Estate: How is Proptech Transforming the Market and How Can We Best Prepare?
- The Challenges and Opportunities in the Calgary Market: How Do the Perspectives of National Investors Compare with Regional Players?
21st Annual Calgary Real Estate Forum 2019
When: Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Time: Opening remarks at 8 am, Closing remarks and networking reception begin at 4:30 pm
Where: Calgary TELUS Convention Centre North Building — 120 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
Registration: Available online, $495
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Calgary Real Estate Forum