Pumpkin patches are places that can get almost every person, young and old, into the festive spirit as there are always fun things to do at each patch and different pumpkins to pick.
Here are some of the pumpkin patches around Calgary:
This award winning pumpkin patch is a must-do activity, as it hosts a wide variety of pumpkins and activities.
The Calgary Corn Maze sells Jack O’lanterns, Knucklehead Pumpkins, Ghost Pumpkins, Mini Pumpkins and Pie Pumpkins. Pumpkin prices can range from $4.50 to $11 and prices can change week to week.
There is also an Autumn Pumpkin Festival that takes place on weekends here.
- Where: Calgary Corn Maze – 284022 Township Road 224, Rockyview
- When: Until Sunday, October 25, every weekend from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $14 for adults, and free for children 2 and under
An autumn outing to this pumpkin patch is the perfect way to get into the fall season.
Choose from over 40 varieties at their u-pick from a large seven acre field. They’re famous for Blue Pumpkins, Striped Pumpkins, Warty Pumpkins, Pie Pumpkins, and Big Bruisers for Jack-o’Lanterns.
You can go to the patch’s Haunted Pumpkin Fest on weekends and pick your pumpkin as well.
- Where: Prairie Gardens – 56311 Lily Lake Road, Bon Accord
- When: Saturday, October 3 to Monday, November 2; weekdays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Cost: Free during weekdays; refunded admission cost if you stay less than half an hour during weekends.
Thousands of pumpkins both big and small are here for you to pick during Pumpkin Palooza. Wander through their pumpkin patch to find your pumpkin. There are also pumpkin carving activities to go along with it.
Guests also get a chance to explore corn mazes here and on Fridays they hold Freaky Fridays & Flashlight Nights.
- Where: Cobb’s Corn Maze and Family Fun Park – 1500 84 St NE
- When: Fridays in October from 5 to 9 p.m.; Weekends from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $13 for adults, $12 for children, and free for children 3 and under
Perfect for the eight and under crowd as there will be a wagon ride and animals, and your child will get to decorate a kid-sized pumpkin that they can take home at the end of the day.
Remember to wear something orange to celebrate the fall season.
- Where: Butterfield Acres Farm – 254077 Rocky Ridge Road
- When: Every weekend in October (until October 31) from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (times vary)
- Cost: $15 for adults, $13 for children
Open on weekends in October and on Saturdays you can participate in crafts, wagon rides, pumpkin painting, JoJo’s Cafe and concession and more.
Every Saturday and Sunday until the end of October, Kayben’s farm will be hosting an event:
- October 3 and 4: Mini market
- October 10 and 11: Thanksgiving weekend
- October 17 and 18: Club week
- October 24 and 25: First Responders Appreciation
They are also hosting a special Dress up day on Halloween, so you can dress up in your favourite costume, win prizes and have fun with the whole family.
- Where: Kayben Farms – 314064 32 St. E
- When: Weekends in October from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $13 for adult or $35 per family, and free for children 2 and under
Did we miss a pumpkin patch? Leave a comment below and let us know!