Good news for those who are currently on the lookout for new jobs in Calgary.
There are a wide variety of roles available in the city this October, and we’ve put together a list of 12 places that are hiring for more than 500 positions in Calgary right now.
So dust off your resume and start applying for a few of these jobs.
- See also:
- Who: Neo Financial is reimagining spending, savings, and rewards by using technology to simplify finances, create rewarding experiences, and build community for all Canadians. After building SkipTheDishes into a top 10 brand in Canada, Neo is set to define the future of banking.
- Jobs: Neo is hiring for over 100 roles in software development, product, design, operations, and more. Those interested in learning more about the opportunities at Neo can visit neofinancial.com/careers.
- Perks: The Neo team is pushing for what’s next, which provides many opportunities to grow and learn personally and professionally. Neo offers competitive compensation, a full benefits package, and unique, innovative office spaces in downtown Calgary and the Exchange District in Winnipeg.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t become bankrupt, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 41 jobs are on offer with the City of Calgary right now in various departments, including Animal Health Technologist, Waterslide Monitor, Traffic Engineer, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, but all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
- Who: CF Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers, ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 80 available roles. Stores that have open positions include Foot Locker, Saks Fifth Avenue, Plenty, Bonlook, and Chatters Hair Salon.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: WinSport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore, Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High-Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier, Alberta.
- Jobs: WinSport is looking to fill seven permanent positions, which include a Sponsorship Manager, Team Lead – Food & Beverage Outlets, Paralegal and Office Manager, and Facility Maintenance Technician. Plus, there are 24 temporary roles up for grabs, ranging from Cook to Ski and Snowboard Instructors to Rink Attendant, and more.
- Perks: WinSport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to workout facilities, Repsol makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol is currently hiring for 11 full- and part-time positions, including a Human Resource Advisor, Lifeguard, Child Care Attendant, and Customer Experience & Marketing Coordinator.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has five locations throughout Calgary and is hiring at four of them right now.
- Jobs: There are opportunities at the Keg’s South Pointe, 4th Avenue, Macleod Trail, and Market Mall restaurants for a number of positions, including Dining Room Server, Culinary Staff, Line Cook, and Food Expeditor roles.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% off food at any Keg location (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.
- Who: Starbucks is the world’s largest coffeehouse chain. Known for their fancy drinks and spelling errors, these cafes are a fun place to work if you want to get to know the coffee world.
- Jobs: Starbucks has a whopping 106 jobs available in the Calgary area, ranging in positions and skill levels. If you’ve always wanted to be a barista, now’s your chance.
- Perks: Perks include a free box of tea or bag of coffee every week and a 30% discount on all products.
- Who: Safeway is a well-known Canadian supermarket with 183 full-service stores in Western Canada. It is owned by the country’s largest supermarket chain, Sobeys.
- Jobs: Safeway is currently hiring for 14 roles in its Calgary stores, including Pharmacist, Cashier, Deli Clerk, Gas Bar Service Technician, and more.
- Perks: Perks include prescription drug and dental coverage, vision care, paid time off for vacation, sick leave and company-recognized holidays, and Employee Association for leisure-time activities at a discount.
- Who: RONA is a Canadian retailer of home improvement and construction products and services. If you’re a handy person, a job at RONA could be a great fit for you.
- Jobs: RONA has seven jobs available in their Calgary stores. Roles include Yard Team Member, Order Attendant, Merchandising Team Member, and Assistant Store Manager – Operations.
- Perks: Perks include a company store discount, life insurance, and cellphone coverage.
- Who: U of C is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page on the University of Calgary’s website currently shows 113 positions available for application, with titles ranging from Lab Technician, Clinical Neurosciences – Cumming School of Medicine, Research Associate – Global Research Initiative (GRI), Department of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering – Schulich School of Engineering, Administrative Assistant, Dean’s Office – Cumming School of Medicine, Manager, Graduate Career Development Centre, Career Centre – Haskayne School of Business, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information is available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is currently hiring for 10 jobs such as Aquatics Supervisor, Timing Technician, Membership Services Representative, and Lifeguard & Swim Instructor.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.
- Who: The Home Depot is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer, with careers in distribution centres, corporate offices, retail management, and retail stores. The company has eight retail stores in Calgary.
- Jobs: The Home Depot is hiring for five positions at its Calgary locations right now, with roles available for Tool Rental Service Technician, Pro Associate, Decor Sales Specialist, Pro Accounts Department Supervisor, and Tool Rental Sales Associate.
- Perks: All permanent Home Depot employees enjoy benefits that include bonus plans, employee stock purchases, time tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, care programs, discounts on group home and car insurance, and more.