Calgary houses two of Canada’s top 10 luxury retail nodes, according to a recent study by Toronto-based luxury lifestyle consultancy WINSTON Collective.
The CORE, ranked sixth in the study, houses the provinces broadest selection of luxury brands. The study also noted that shopping centres are increasingly housing luxury brands, a particularly American phenomenon, sometimes at the expense of traditional upscale high streets.
WINSTON Collective’s two Calgary luxury nodes include the following:
- The CORE, downtown – 10 luxury concessions
- Chinook Centre – 3 free-standing luxury boutiques
The study noted that Toronto’s Yorkdale Shopping Centre spearheaded the luxury mall phenomenon in Canada, now boasting 15 free-standing and eight concessioned luxury brands. Pacific Centre in Vancouver has also began moving more towards the luxury brand market.
WINSTON Collective’s 2015 Top 10 List of Canadian luxury retail nodes
- Bloor Street West/Yorkville, Toronto (23 free-standing luxury brands, 11 concessions)
- Vancouver ‘Luxury Zone’ (21 free-standing)
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto (15 free-standing, 8 concessions)
- Downtown Montreal (4 free-standing, 13 concessions)
- Pacific Centre/Howe Street, Vancouver (6 free-standing, 9 concessions)
- The CORE, downtown Calgary (10 concessions)
- Oakridge Shopping Centre, Vancouver (5 free-standing)
- Sherway Gardens, Toronto (5 free-standing)
- Chinook Centre, Calgary (3 free-standing)
- West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton (2 free-standing)
The entire study, including the full ranking and list of brands with addresses, can be found Winston Collective Study.