Fall is the ideal time to renew and transform your living space for a new season. Just in time, the vibrant Tiffany Pratt, interior designer, maker, HGTV Canada star and author of DIY guide This Can Be Beautiful, is returning to Calgary for the upcoming Calgary Fall Home Show, happening September 21 – 24, 2017 at the BMO Centre.
Her colourful design philosophy is rooted in the belief that an inspiring, beautiful living space equates to a more positive, happy life. She sees exquisite in the unexpected, mixes old with new, merges elegant with livable, and she lives and breathes her truth that “this can be beautiful.”
Before she takes to the Main Stage at the Calgary Fall Home Show on September 22, 23, and 24, Tiffany has shared her transformational tips and tricks, drawing from her own recent home makeover. Tiffany combined approachable, easy DIY ideas and creative repurposing to transform her living room space into a multifunctional office and living space in her home in Toronto.
Tiffany’s one-of-a-kind space is #goals, but you might be surprised how many elements you can recreate and bring into your own space for fall:
- But first, tidy: Tiffany kicked off her home transformation with one simple step of decluttering her existing desk and bringing in new storage and organization to hide all her DIY supplies and office clutter.
- A modern 80s palette: Tiffany dressed the space with a modern but muted 80’s-inspired palette, from the pastel pink sofa to teal touches.
- Take paint to the planks: To create a blank canvas and open up the narrow living room space, she painted her hardwood floors with a coat of bright, white paint.
- Play with size + scale: Playing with size and scale is a great way to add unconventional flare and character to any space. Tiffany added oversized accessories like the velvet pillows, peacock chair and stacked lamp.
- New heights: To add to the illusion of space and height, Tiffany installed a soft pink and white vertical striped wallpaper to make the ceilings feel high and the room expansive.
You can get even more colourful insight, advice and pure inspiration from Tiffany when she hits the Main Stage at the Calgary Fall Home Show on Friday, September 22, at 6 pm, Saturday, September 23 at 1 pm and Sunday, September 24 at noon.