We have absolutely blown through the first half of the week!
Celebrate that forward momentum this Wednesday by really treating yourself to something fun — there’s plenty of events to check out around the city, so we’re sure you’ll get up to something awesome.
- What: Eat, drink and eat some more at this annual 11-day food festival, held in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- When: May 3 to 13
- Where: Various locations in and around Canmore
- Tickets: Online, $39 to $180
- What: This 2000s classic is coming to rock the stage this Wednesday! Anyone remember Kids? Time to Pretend? If you grew up during this time you’ll surely remember!
- When: Wednesday, May 9
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Big Four Roadhouse – 1801 Big Four Trail SE
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $47.75
- What: Come grab a fire-roasted pizza from you’re favourite neighbourhood pizza shop, Famoso’s on 4th, and check out their new renovations. A gorgeous centre bar, natural lighting, cosy booths, and more, they have really taken the concept of a local pizza eatery to the next level. Step into Italy and enjoy!
- When: Opened early April
- Where: 2303 4th Avenue SW
- What: See this beloved classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett come to life on stage in this beautifully composed Broadway musical! See how a young girl used a magical key and a secret garden to warm the hearts of her uncle, family, and the audience during the show.
- When: April 17 to May 19
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 220 9th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $103
Dust off your road bike
- It looks like Calgary has seen the last of the snow, for the next five months at least – fingers crossed! So it’s the perfect time to get out your road bike and head down to the river for some beautiful views and a great afternoon of adventures, exploring Calgary’s bike paths.