Why not try something new this Wednesday?
The weekend is still a ways away, but that’s no reason not to get out there and have some fun in the city whenever you can!
- Calgary Stampede's unlimited 10-day SuperPass is back for $39
- Nashville North reveals full lineup for Calgary Stampede 2018
- Calgary is home to the classiest escape room you'll ever see (PHOTOS)
- What: Come shop the all-natural, preservative-free skin care products from Essentials by Nature throughout the month of May at Greater Goods Boutique and Tea Bar, located in the heart of Bridgeland. You’ll be supporting a local —and extremely talented — small business while purchasing products that are good for you, your home, and the environment.
- Where: Greater Goods – #8 606 Meredith Road NE
- When: The entire month of May
- What: Weary and in love seems to be a trend in Shakespeare’s work! Come see Beatrice and Hero come to life in this captivating performance and reenactment of Shakespeare’s work.
- When: May 17 to June 2
- Time: Varies by performance
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $15+
- What: If you’re looking for an experience of a lifetime, then it’s time you see the Alberta landscape from a completely different view – the air! Grab a few friends and take a ride in a state-of-the-art helicopter for incredible views of the city and the surrounding Rocky Mountains.
- Where: Takes off from the Springbank Airport or Drumheller Airport – 402 Otter Bay
- When: Year-round
- Cost: Between $400 to $1,6000, rate for up to three passengers
Go on a spring hike!
- What: Now that most of the snow has cleared away, grab your hiking shoes and head up to the Rockies for some fresh mountain air and stunning scenic views – just don’t forget your camera! Try Grassi Lakes, Johnston Canyon, or Grotto Canyon if you’re looking for an adventure a bit shorter in length, but doesn’t compromise the quality of the view. If you’re a thrill seeker and up for the challenge try out Ha Ling Peak, Crypt Lake, or Aylmer Lookout, because the end view will take your breath away – literally! Find more hikes to do around Alberta here!
- Where: The Canadian Rocky Mountains
- What: Did someone say road trip? Grab some pals and your camera and go cruising on this stretch of highway between Jasper and Lake Louise. The views are tremendous, but just make sure you don’t limit you to one single destination. It’s all about the drive and what you’ll discover!
- Where: Highway between Jasper and Lake Louise