We’ve made it halfway through the week!
Now that we’ve left the boring days of the week behind (sorry, Monday and Tuesday, but it’s true) we can finally get to the good stuff, starting this Wednesday.
Check out any of these great events, and the weekend will be here before you know it!
- Free Comic Book Day comes to Calgary this weekend
- These are the most trusted brands in Canada
- There's a yoga festival coming to Calgary this Saturday
- What: Bring your gently used books and search of a few new gems to dive into at the 16th Annual Book Drive and Sale in support of RESET Society of Calgary (formerly known as Servants Anonymous). Who doesn’t love getting a new book to get lost in!
- When: May 2 to 6
- Wednesday and Thursday: 3 to 8 pm
- Friday to Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: Crossroads Market – 1235 26th Avenue S
- Admission: FREE
- What: See this beloved classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett come to life on stage in this beautifully composed Broadway musical! See how a young girl used a magical key and a secret garden to warm the hearts of her uncle, family, and the audience during the show.
- When: April 17 to May 19
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 220 9th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $103
- What: Create your very own gemstone terrarium to add to the collection with Amborella Floral studio.
- When: Wednesday, May 2
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: #155, 2515 90th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $80
- What: Head to one of Calgary’s favourite eateries for some after work libation for only $8 a glass. This deal includes the Moscow Mule Grilled Grapefruit Swizzle, along with a pint of Village Brewery No Bull beer or a glass of wine. They will also be offering a chicken dinner for two for only $30, which includes a half a wood-fired rotisserie Happy Chicken, with NOtaBLE signature salad and bottomless fries on the side — sign us up!
- When: Tuesday to Thursday
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Where: 4611 Bowness Road NW
Go on a Spring hike!
- What: Now that most of the snow has cleared away, grab your hiking shoes and head up to the Rockies for some fresh mountain air and stunning scenic views – don’t forget your camera! Try Grassi Lakes, Johnston Canyon or Grotto Canyon if you’re looking for an adventure that is shorter in length, but doesn’t compromise the quality of the view. If you’re a thrill seeker and up for the challenge try out Ha Ling Peak, Crypt Lake or Aylmer Lookout, the end view will take your breath away – literally! Find more hikes to do around Alberta here!
- Where: The Canadian Rocky Mountains