We’re halfway through the week, but we haven’t even scratched the surface of events to check out in the city this month!
Tick a few more off that list today by getting out there and doing something awesome this Wednesday.
We’ve even put together a few suggestions to get you started.
- The 36 communities Calgary Police will have photo radar this April (MAP)
- Calgary among 7 cities in the running for 2026 Winter Olympics
- Art in YYC: 11 of Calgary's most famous (and infamous) public art projects
- What: Get your creative juices flowing at this flowery paint night!
- When: Wednesday, April 4
- Time: 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Where: Boston Pizza – 12286 Symons Valley Road NW
- Tickets: Online, $30
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
- What: Kick-start spring by getting into a solid fitness routine, AKA: Let’s get that beach bod ready! Take five classes in a week or 20 class in April and be entered to win some very exciting prizes.
- When: April 1 to 30
- Where: Barre West – 420, 7337 Macleod Trail SW
- Cost: Online, $69
Hit the slopes for spring skiing
- What: Our mountainous backyard is just waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some spring shredding in, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to find the hours of operation and trail conditions
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the every day grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and give you the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis