5 things to do in Calgary today: Tuesday, February 20
Feb 20 2018, 7:15 am
Okay, we know, the Tuesday after a rad long weekend isn’t always the best day ever or anything…. but that doesn’t mean it has to be a total downer.
Get that workday done, pull some friends together, then rally by heading out to any of these awesome events taking place around the city today.
Trust us: It’s going to be a lot more fun than all that nothing you’d be doing at home!
- Deer spotted obeying stop sign is the most Canadian thing you'll see today (VIDEO)
- Here’s how Albertans can smuggle BC wine into the province
- BC is challenging Alberta's wine ban under Canada's free trade rules
Celebrate Chinese New Year with Two Penny Chinese
- What: Between February 16 and March 2 you will receive a little red envelope every time you dine at Two Penny. Every envelope will contain a a little treat, but every day there will be a larger prize to be won. A few prizes that up for grabs are gift certificates from Village Ice Cream, a mani + pedi from Beach Beauty, the 5-tree patch from TreeEra, a staycation at Hotel Arts, Flames Tickets, and more!
- When: February 16 to March 2
- Where: Two Penny Restaurant and Bar – 1213 1st Street SW
- What: Live the American Dream as you follow along Berry Gordy’s musical journey from a featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music pro who played a hand in launching the careers of some of the greats, including Micheal Jackson, Diana Ross, and more!
- When: February 20 to 25
- Time: 8 pm or 2 pm (Varies on the date)
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14th Avenue NW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $130
White Space Writers Weekly Write-In
- What: Looking for some inspiration, a place to write that isn’t your kitchen table, or simply some guidance on a writing project? For only $5 you can join White Space Writers every Tuesday morning and receive a work space, unlimited coffee, accessibility to writing resources (aka they will look over a piece you’re working on) and a writing prompt – if that’s what you’re interested in. Plus, you might even make a new creative friend or three, which is priceless!
- When: Tuesday, January 16 to March 20
- Time: 9 am to 12 pm
- Where: Loft 112 – 535 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: $5
Disney Trivia: Heros and Villans Edition
- What: Think think think! Dig into your think-tank and remember all your favourite Disney Princesses, characters, evil step mothers and sorcerers, and compete to win hundreds of dollars worth of Disney prizes. Team sizes range from one to six people.
- When: Tuesday, February 20
- Time: 7 to 10 pm
- Where: Hudsons Crowfoot: 838 Crowfoot Crescent NW
- Tickets: Online, $10
YYC Hot Chocolate Fest
- What: For the entire month of February, various cafes, restaurants and chocolatiers are featuring their very own creative twists on a traditional hot chocolate. Spend an afternoon touring the city, trying out the various concoctions, and voting for your favourite – just be prepared for a serious sugar coma afterwards. Proceeds from each drink will go towards Calgary Meals on Wheels.
- When: February 1 to 28, 2018
- Where: Various locations around the city