The weekend is right on the horizon, but just because it’s only Thursday doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun!
Set out into the city today and check out any of these awesome events.
- Health Canada warning reminds public not to eat laundry pods
- Canada's digital technology supercluster could create 50,000 new jobs
- Save-On-Foods offering free $25 gift cards in wake of Loblaws price-fixing
- What: Come learn about biology outside of a traditional professional setting and try some new biology on for size!
- When: Thursday, January 11
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $19.95
- What: Come see your favourite Science Guy as he launches a solar propelled spacecraft into the cosmos and advocates for the importance of science, research, and discovery in life. Of course you can expect the typical hilarious behind-the-scenes shenanigans in the lab as he breaks down scientific views on climate change and evolution. It’s time to relive your childhood science class movie time!
- When: Thursday, January 11 (see all showtimes here)
- Time: 7:10 pm & 9:10 pm
- Where: The Globe Cinema – 617 8th Ave SW, Calgary
- Admission: $10 Adults, $8 Youth and $6 Children
- What: Enjoy a $4 peirogi and sausage dish along with $5 pints of beer at The Pint every Thursday – Not such a bad dinner for less than $10!
- When: Thursdays
- Time: All day
- Where: The Pint – The Pint, 1428 17th Avenue SW
- Cost: $4 pierogi and sausages and $5 pints
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and now boasts 12 lanes, a four person tube option, and a dedicated magic carpet. A village including a food trailer, a deck with heaters, a fire pit, and washrooms have also been added for the 2017-18 season.
- When: During the winter season
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, The Acura Tube Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- Admission: Tickets cost $28 for an adult to slide for two hours, and senior, youth, and family discounts are available.
- What: Mix up your fitness routine by purchasing a ClassPass membership and trying out exciting new fitness classes and studios around the city!
- Where: See the list of participating studios here.
- Cost: $25 for three classes, $40 for five classes, and $80 for 10 classes per month