5 things to do in Calgary today: Thursday, February 15
Feb 15 2018, 4:20 am
Just because Valentine’s Day is over doesn’t mean that the awesome dates have to end.
Bring your special someone out to one of these great Calgary events this Thursday, or head out by yourself – you may even meet someone who’s also going stag!
- What: Bring the whole family down to Heritage Park for a fun-filled day of travel-themed adventures. Take in their Journey of a Lifetime exhibit, participate in interactive puzzles, drive an old Model T, learn how to change a tire, get your family portrait done the old school way, build your own train, and so much more!
- When: February 15 to 19
- Time: 10 am to 4 pm
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- Admission: Regular admission to the park
Block Heater Music Festival
- What: It’s winter’s answer to festival season! Join the Calgary Folk Music Festival in the third edition of this winter music extravaganza. The festival kicks-off at Festival Hall with a Valentine’s Day Dave Kelly special, followed by amazing live performances and opportunities to snuggle up next to your hunny.
- When: February 15 to 17
- Time : Varies by performance
- Where: Festival Hall, Ironwood Stage and Grill, Studio Bell and the King Edward Hotel (See full schedule here).
- Tickets: Online, $15 to $42
- What: Learn about the intricate art of glassblowing and create something truly unique.
- When: February 14 to 18
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 5 to 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12 to 6pm
- Where: cSPACE, The King Edward – 1721 29th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $80
- What: Are you a coffee or a tea person? Regardless of your personal preference, these warm and cozy beverages play an important role in both our social and individual lives. This art exhibit will examine these various routines, rituals, and relationships centred around coffee and tea, while showcasing beautiful ceramics made by five Alberta-based artists.
- When: January 20 to March 17
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: cSPACE King Edward – 1721 29th Avenue SW
YYC Hot Chocolate Fest
- What: For the entire month of February, various cafes, restaurants and chocolatiers are featuring their very own creative twists on a traditional hot chocolate. Spend an afternoon touring the city, trying out the various concoctions, and voting for your favourite – just be prepared for a serious sugar coma afterwards. Proceeds from each drink will go towards Calgary Meals on Wheels.
- When: February 1 to 28, 2018
- Where: Various locations around the city