We’ve got one day left this weekend, so you’d better make the most of it.
While some other Calgarians might be calling it quits and spending their Sundays in their beds, we know that just ain’t you!
We’ve put together a list of some of the city’s best events taking place today so you’ve got a starting point for you’re big day on the town.
- What: Calgary’s newest bakery on the block is now open and serving buttery croissants like it’s their day job – surprise, it actually is their day job! Located in the historical Devenish Building, these guys are serving up small batch pastries, from pretzels to scones. Prepare for a carb overload that is truly delicious and not regrettable in the slightest. Pop by for a visit and #treatyourself!
- When: Now Open!
- Where: Suite 111, 908 17th Avenue SW
- What: There is something surreal about stargazing at the top of a mountain. Glide up to the brand-new observation deck of the Banff Gondola summit and discover star clusters, galaxies, the Milky Way, Mars, and the Moon, or head out during the day for a breath-taking view of the Rocky Mountains.
- Where: Banff Gondola – 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff AB
- Cost: $62 for Adults and $31 for Children
- What: For the month of March get re-balanced and start your Sunday off right with a free yoga class courtesy of Lolë, Calgary at the CORE.
- When: Every Sunday in March
- Time: 11 am
- Where: Dome Tower – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE
Hit the Slopes
- What: Our mountainous backyard is just waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some spring shredding in, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to find the hours of operation and trail conditions
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: For the entire month of March Calgary’s favourite ice creamery will be partnering with various companies with a green thumb to feature their pop-ups.
- Victoria Park x Plant
- Britannia x Kokedema
- Garrison x Succulent by Nature
- When: The entire month of March
- Where: All Village Ice Cream Locations
- What: Looking for a spot to catch the games with all the basketball fanatics? National on 10th will have EVERY game up on the big screens. So come grab a beer and cheer on your favourite players!
- When: March 11 to April 2
- Time: Varies depending on the game
- Where: National on 10 – 341 10th Avenue SW