FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Okay, okay, we know. You’re head is probably killing you, and you feel like you’ve been hit by a dump truck?
Well, that’s just what happens when St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Saturday…. but luckily for you, there’s still one entire weekend day left at your disposal.
Fresh air is always good for a hangover, so we suggest getting outside and taking your mind off of what you may or may not have done last night by checking out any of these great events.
- What: Come show the Hitmen some love as they make their way to the Memorial Cup.
- When: Sunday, March 18
- Time: 2 pm
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $9 to $26
- What: For the month of March get re-balanced and start your Sunday off right with a free yoga class courtesy of Lolë, Calgary at the CORE.
- When: Every Sunday in March
- Time: 11 am
- Where: Dome Tower – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Cost: FREE
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you what you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures, and our understanding of how they communicate. There is so much to learn about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Calling all rock lovers! Come discover the beauty of the underworld made beneath our soil! Here you can find everything from Jewelry Designers, palentologists ready to teach you some fun rock facts (unfortunately, it’s not Ross Geller), items to spice up your home, and so much more. Your next treasure hunt awaits!
- When: March 15 to 18
- Thursday to Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm
- Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: Spruce Meadows
- Admission: FREE