And just like that, January 2018 is on its way out the door.
While it may seem like that nasty New Years Day hangover was just yesterday, today marks the last Sunday of the month!
Spend your last day off checking out any of these great events happening in and around Calgary – even if you’re nursing another headache this morning.
- What: On it’s grand tour, the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour is stopping in Calgary to give us a taste of some of the best films that were screened at the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival last November. Expect films that truly capture the essence of adventure and the great outdoors throughout the world.
- When: January 17 to 28
- Time: Vary’s depending on the schedule
- Where: Roza Theatre – 2500 University Drive NW
- Tickets: Online or in person at MEC, $28
- What: Breakfast has just been taken to a whole other level! Enjoy a delicious waffle paired with Spiked Eggnog, a Mimosa (or two) and/or an Irish coffee.
- When: On now
- Where: Buttermilk Fine Waffles – 330 17th Avenue SW
- What: As if we needed yet another reason to visit this beautiful space! The turquoise castle that adorns 17th Avenue is now serving brunch, and of course they have killed it yet again with their take on traditional Indian infused dishes. From chips and curry to Chai Pancakes and Parsi Akuri, your taste buds be doing a happy dance as you try each uniquely flavoured dish – paired with a pineapple mimosa of course!
- When: Weekends
- Time: 11 am to 3 pm
- Where: Calcutta Cricket Club – 340 17th Avenue SW
- What: End the weekend off with a delicious and classic French meal rooted in tradition, with a contemporary twist!
- When: Sunday, January 14
- Time: 6 to 9 pm
- Where: Royale Brasserie – 730 17th Avenue SW
- What: Experience works of art that explore light in various forms created by multiple artists.
- When: January 25 to February 7
- Time: 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Where: Wallace Galleries – 500, 5th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE