9 things to do in Calgary today: Sunday, February 25
Feb 24 2018, 3:50 am
Only one day left of the glorious weekend!
Sunday may be seen as a time for rest and relaxation to some, but with so many awesome things going on around the city, how can anyone justify staying in?
Get out there and check out any of these great Calgary events today!
Brunch at Calcutta Cricket Club
- What: As if we needed yet another reason to visit this beautiful space! The turquoise castle that adorns 17th Avenue is now serving brunch, and of course they have killed it yet again with their take on traditional Indian infused dishes. From chips and curry to Chai Pancakes and Parsi Akuri, your taste buds be doing a happy dance as you try each uniquely flavoured dish – paired with a pineapple mimosa, of course!
- When: Weekends
- Time: 11 am to 3 pm
- Where: Calcutta Cricket Club – 340 17th Avenue SW
What the Calgary Hitmen Play the Brandon Wheat Kings
- What: Come show the Hitmen some love as they make their way to the Memorial Cup.
- When: Sunday, February 25
- Time: 4 pm vs Brandon Wheat Kings
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $8 to $24
Sunday Supper at Royale
- What: End the weekend off with a delicious and classic French meal rooted in tradition, with a contemporary twist!
- When: Sundays
- Time: 6 to 9 pm
- Where: Royale Brasserie – 730 17th Avenue SW
Stroll through a frozen waterfall
- What: Johnston Canyon is one of Banff’s most famous areas for a reason! Walk hand-in-hand through a winter wonderland with your love and bask in the surreal frozen views. It’s a moment that will feel frozen in time!
- Where: Bow Valley Pkwy, Improvement District No. 9, AB
Go skating on Lake Louise
- What: Lake Louise was rated by CNN and HuffPost as the world’s most beautiful skating rink in 2014, and trust us – it definitely lives up to the reputation. Glide hand-in-hand with your special someone as you enjoy the tranquil views and fresh mountain air. The lake is even lit during the evening so you can skate under the stars and then warm up by a cozy campfire. Skate rentals are available.
- Where: 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise
- Admission: Email or call the Concierge Team for prices and ice conditions before heading up.
Head out on an Urban Snowshoeing Adventure
- What: Grab your partner and a pair of snowshoes and head out into the crisp winter air. Take in the picturesque views as you march your way through the many trails in and around the Calgary area, while getting a great cardio workout in at the same time. Couples who workout together stay together, right?
- If your are an inner city roamer, check out Fish Creek Park or Nose Hill for some fantastic trails close to home.
- If you’re interested in taking a drive out to the Rockies, Canmore, Bragg Creek and Banff all boast unreal trail paths that lead to some magical destinations.
- Be sure to check trail reports before heading out and dress for the weather.
All Day Happy Hour on Daily Featured Breweries
- What: February has been declared as “FeBREWary.” Essentially, it’s a month long celebration of craft brewers, craft beer lovers, the craft beer community, and, really, just about everything to do with craft beer! Each day in February will have an all-day happy hour at each corresponding brewery – see full calendar here.
- When: February 1 to 28
- Where: All national locations
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
YYC Hot Chocolate Fest
- What: For the entire month of February, various cafes, restaurants and chocolatiers are featuring their very own creative twists on a traditional hot chocolate. Spend an afternoon touring the city, trying out the various concoctions, and voting for your favourite – just be prepared for a serious sugar coma afterwards. Proceeds from each drink will go towards Calgary Meals on Wheels.
- When: February 1 to 28, 2018
- Where: Various locations around the city