Still feel like it’s the weekend? We don’t blame you!
Keep the party going by checking out any of these great events happening around town.
- Calgary man charged with holding up Domino's Pizza and string of robberies
- Airdrie Festival of Lights 2017 shines with a million lights
- Calgary horse checks into Ottawa hotel at Grey Cup (VIDEO)
Happy Chicken Dinner at The Nash + Notable
- What: Looking for an easy alternative for an impromptu holiday family meal? The Nash and Notable Restaurant are offering a Happy Chicken Dinner, which includes a wood roasted whole chicken, veggies, and all the fixings!
- Where: The Nash – 925 11th Street SE
- What: Bring your own wine and enjoy it over your favourite board games – with no corkage fee! Monday night date night just got turned up a notch.
- When: Every Monday
- Where: Boxcar Cafe – 1215 1st Street SW
- What: Raise money for our boys in staches by experiencing stomach-cramping laughs that will make you cry (in the best way possible). All proceeds from the event go towards the Movember Foundation of Canada.
- When: Monday, November 27
- Time: 8 pm to 11 pm
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- Admission: $15 at the door
- What: The Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo never fail to amaze. Each year, this unforgettable winter tradition of fun activities and stunning lights warms the hearts of many. See the Calgary Zoo light up for seven weeks straight and help celebrate the 20th anniversary of everyone’s favourite holiday experience.
- When: Friday, November 24 to January 6
- Time: 6 to 9 pm
- Where: The Calgary Zoo – 210 ST. Georges Drive NE, Calgary
- Tickets: General (16+) $14.95, Child (3-15) – $11.95
Hit the Slopes
- What: Getting snow early this year means that our mountainous backyard is waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some shredding in during this great pre-season, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer. Each hill also has a variety of Christmas themed activities happening throughout the holiday season, be sure to check the websites before heading up so you don’t miss the festivities.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to check hours of operation and see which trails are open!