There’s no day of the week that needs a little pick-me-up more than a Monday.
Thankfully, there are plenty of awesome things to check out around Calgary today, which are sure to take your mind off of the long work week ahead of you!
- Ice Cube will be performing a concert in Calgary next month
- This Calgary spot is making cheesecake popsicles and we are freaking out
- 2018 Calgary Stampede job fair registration now open
- What: The long wait is finally over! The Calgary Zoo has officially welcomed four pandas, two adults and two cubs, in their newly built habitat, The Panda Passage. These furry black and white friends are charming and have a ton to teach us in the five years that they will be with us before returning to China.
- When: Monday, May 7
- Where: The Calgary Zoo — 210 St. Georges Drive NE
- Admission: Regular admission to the zoo
- What: We all know that the struggle is truly real on Mondays! Luckily, National wants to make them a bit better with 25 cent Happy Hour offered all day long. Yes, you read that correctly! Grab a drink and make Mondays your new favourite day of the week.
- When: Mondays
- Time: 11 am to close
- Where: National on 17 – 550 17th Avenue SW
- What: Eat, drink and eat some more at this annual 11-day food festival, held in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- When: May 3 to 13
- Where: Various locations in and around Canmore
- Tickets: Online, $39 to $180
Dust off your road bike
- It looks like Calgary has seen the last of the snow, for the next five months at least – fingers crossed! So it’s the perfect time to get out your road bike and head down to the river for some beautiful views and a great afternoon of adventures, exploring Calgary’s bike paths.
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the everyday grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. This spa is meant to provide relaxation and the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis