FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Mondays don’t always have to be so blue!
The best way to take your mind off the workweek to come is by getting out into the city and checking out some awesome events.
And wow, would you look at that! A list of great activities to check out in Calgary? How surprisingly convenient.
- Here's how much it's going to cost to see the pandas at the Calgary Zoo
- 10 things you didn't know about this weekend's Daylight Saving time change
- Calgary Ribfest returns this summer for an unforgettable 2018
- What: Head to Movement U for a music-infused candlelit experience that features intentional standing + flow sequences meant to restore the body, reconnect the mind, and rejuvenate the soul through deep stretching and disciplined movements. This is a great way to complete your workout regime while working on challenging your balance, strength, and flexibility.
- When: Beginning Wednesday, March 7
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: Movement U – 16 4th Street NE
- Tickets: Regular drop-in, $23
- What: You saw them all over Instagram last year! Luckily, they’re back again for another year. All week long you can have a beautiful rainbow cloud macaron from Ollia in lieu of St. Paddy’s Day that tastes just as good (if not better) than it looks. The flavour this year is strawberry cheesecake, complete with a candy rainbow and marshmallow clouds. It’s all in the details!
- When: Monday March 12 to Saturday March 17
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810C 16th Avenue SW
- Cost: 1 for $6 or 2 for $10
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you what you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures, and our understanding of how they communicate. There is so much to learn about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: For the entire month of March, Calgary’s favourite ice creamery will be partnering with various companies with a green thumb to feature their pop-ups.
- Victoria Park x Plant
- Britannia x Kokedema
- Garrison x Succulent by Nature
- When: The entire month of March
- Where: All Village Ice Cream Locations