Happy last (full) day of summer! The seasons switch over at 2 pm tomorrow, so make the most of your last full evening at any one of these great Calgary events.
- What: Be inspired to fall in love with your home again at the Calgary Fall Home Show! Spend the weekend doing fun interactive workshops presented by Outside the Shape and Heart & Swirl, gaining expert advice from home reno pros, such as HGTV’s Bryan Baeumler, Tiffany Pratt and DIY expert Leigh-Ann Allaire Perraul and meeting some of the Calgary’s top designers. By the end of the weekend, you’ll have all the tools you need to make your home the sanctuary it should be!
- Where: BMO Centre
- When: September 21 – 24
- Cost: $7-$13
- What: Come celebrate the opening of Alberta Ballet’s 51 seasons as you enjoy this sensuous, seductive and sultry performance demonstrating the intricate art of Tango!
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – 1415 14 Avenue NW
- When: September 21-23
- Cost: $28-$117
- What: Take in the colours of the changing trees in Larch Valley, before all the pine needles have fallen.
- Where: 5 to 6 hour roundtrip hike along Sentinel Pass – by Moraine Lake, Banff National Park
- When: Sooner rather than later!
Ladies’ night on 17th Avenue
- What: Get the girls together for a night out on 17th Avenue. Food specials and 50% off cocktails at Las Canarias, and half priced bottles of wine and desserts at Lounge XVIII.
- Where: Las Canarias – 1129 17th Avenue SW, Lounge XVIII – 1005 17th Avenue SW