One last day before the true chaos of Christmas begins in earnest.
Use it wisely by picking up a few last minute presents, treating yourself to a fun night out, or sliding down some local hills!
- You have 24 hours to clear your sidewalk after a snowfall before you're fined
- New rules on stat pay come into effect for Alberta on January 1
- Fly from Calgary to Miami, Florida for just $320 roundtrip
- What: Go back in time for a more traditional form of Christmas from years ago. Tap into your inner child and decorate gingerbread cookies, get vintage photos taken, visit the alpacas, paint snow, enjoy a wagon ride, and even sing along to some Christmas carols. You can also find some unique holiday treasures as you peruse The Corner Emporium, Plaza Mercantile, Antiques and Collectables, Switzer’s Grocery & Confectionery, and the Toy Shoppe.
- When: November 25 to December 17, 22 and 23
- Time: 9:30 am – 4 pm
- Where: Heritage Park – 1900 Heritage Drive SW, Calgary
- General (16+) – $10.95
- Senior (65+) – $8.75
- Youth (7 – 15) – $6.95
- Child (3 – 6) – $5.65
- 2 & under – Free
- What: Head down the mountain and try not to hit Santa or Mrs. Claus – that’s one way to stay off their naughty list.
- When: Saturday, December 23
- Time: All Day
- Where: Lake Louise Ski Resort – 1 Whitehorn Road
- Admission: RFUll day – $104, half day – $84
- What: Come sip on a Lavender Earl Grey Tea Latte while shopping some of the beautiful concrete gems created by the husband and wife duo behind Co|Create Co. – only during the month of December.
- Where: 606 Meredith Road NE, Calgary
- When: December 2 and 3: Tribes + Society (11 am – 5 pm)
December 9: Inspired Findings (11 am – 5 pm / 6 – 9 pm)
December 16: Prairie Bazaar (11 am – 5 pm)
December 23: Pretty Sweet (11 am – 5 pm)
- Admission: Free
Happy Chicken Dinner at The Nash + Notable
- What: Enjoy an impromptu Christmas Dinner, without having to go to the hassle of cooking it yourself. Both The Nash and Notable Restaurant are offering a Happy Chicken Dinner to-go, which includes a wood roasted whole chicken, veggies, and all the fixings!
- Where: The Nash – 925 11 Street SE
- What: Every Saturday until Christmas, enjoy complimentary coffee and hot chocolate, selfies with Santa, horse and wagon rides, a petting zoo, and four of your favourite Christmas classics up on the silver screen. The best part – it’s FREE!
- When: Saturday, December 23 – Die Hard
- Time: 3:30 pm
- Where: The Plaza Theatre – 1133 Kensington Road NW
- Admission: By donation
- What: Based on David Desaris’ book chronicling his hilarious experience working as an elf at Macy’s, this one-man show is a Christmas comedy that will speak to the humbug in all of us.
- When: November 2 to December 23
- Monday to Saturday, 12 pm
- Thursday to Friday, 6 pm
- Tickets: Online, $155
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and now boasts 12 lanes, a four person tube option, and a dedicated magic carpet. A village including a food trailer, a deck with heaters, a fire pit, and washrooms have also been added for the 2017 season.
- When: During the winter season
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, The Acura Tube Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- Admission: Tickets cost $28 for an adult to slide for two hours, and senior, youth, and family discounts are available.
- What: Indulge in local treats, shop for unique holiday gems, and enjoy the seasonal ambiance of the Calgary Farmers Market as they continue their annual holiday tradition.
- When: November 16 to December 23
- Time: Thursday to Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Where: The Calgary Farmers Market – 510 77th Avenue SW
- Admission: Free
- What: Calgary’s newest market has a whole lot of festive fun planned for this holiday season. Get your photo taken with an alpaca wearing a festive scarf, enjoy delish holiday treats, let Santa and Mrs. Claus know what is on your Christmas list, sit back and enjoy a sleigh ride, and so much more!
- When: Every Friday to Sunday until December 23
- Time: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Where: Granary Road – 226034 112nd Street W
- Admission: FREE
- What: Nothing is more magical than celebrating Christmas in a wonderland of snow on the top of a mountain. Help out at Santa’s workshop, experience the Elf Interactive Centre, write Santa a letter, participate in a Christmas Treasure Hunt, stargaze with astronomers, watch Disney’s ‘Prep and Landing’ Christmas short film, and so much more. It’s truly a magical wonderland that the whole family can enjoy.
- When: November 18 to January 7 (Varies per event)
- Time: Varies per event
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Online, Adult – $62, Child – $31