Hallelujah it’s Friday!
And the last one of September, at that. Send the fading remnants of summer a goodbye kiss and look towards October with all the Thanksgiving, Halloweening goodness ahead.
Here’s a few events that will bid September adieu and get you in the mood for some fall favourites.
- What: Get Thanksgiving started early this year by sampling five delicious pies made from the market vendors and voting for your favourite in support of the Calgary Food Bank. The winning vendor will be given the opportunity to take home the trophy and bragging rights for the BEST pie in the market.
- When: Friday, September 29 and Saturday, September 30
- Time: 11 am to 2 pm
- Where: The Calgary Farmers Market – 510 77 Avenue SE
- Admission: FREE
- What: Take your fitness experience to the next level with ROW17 and revitalize your core with this new Power Row-ga workout every Friday until September 29.
- When: Every Friday between August 4 and September 29
- Time: 2:30 to 3:25 pm
- Where: Tomkins Park between 7 Street and 8 Street SW
- Admission: FREE
- What: Over 300 different activities throughout the province are free in celebration of the Alberta’s culture – including admission to some museums and historical sites.
- When: Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1
- Where: All over Alberta
- Admission: Free!
- What: The 20th anniversary of the Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival features over 200 different vendors to sample wines, beers, and bites.
- When: Friday, October 13, and Saturday, October 14
- Time: 5 to 10 pm on Friday, noon to 4 pm and 6 to 10 pm on Saturday
- Where: Halls D and E, Stampede Park BMO Centre – 20 Roundup Way SW
- Tickets: Online, $21-32 for admission, $0.50 per sample coupon
- What: Say a last goodbye to summer by attending the Quite Hours Silent DJ party at Broken City.
- When: Friday, September 29
- Time: 8 pm to 2 am
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- Tickets: At door, $6